MH grilled chicken tenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH grilled chicken tenders

Nothing fancy here but man were they delicious. Milk bath, generous dusting of MHGP, followed by garlic and herb bread crumbs. A few minutes each side on the grill and boom. A new favorite of mine.

Unfortunately I have a propane grill so I find it difficult to crisp things like this without turning it black. Hoping Santa might bring a charcoal grill.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm sure Santa will take note and put you on the “Nice” list Sounds good!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks GREAT! Drop the heat a bit and toss a cover over them both sides for a spell.

Comment

Man you are cooking one of my favorites...Breaded meat on the grill or smoker is a challenge but dammit when ya get it right it's the best ever
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Looks great! Tasted probably even better
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barleypop View Post
            Looks GREAT! Drop the heat a bit and toss a cover over them both sides for a spell.
            I've tried various heat levels without much luck. These were done at about medium heat maybe a little hotter. I have an infrared charbroil grill. WHEN the heat is right it can make some really good food. But heat control is nearly impossible on this model. There is about a millimeter difference on the dials between med and high heat. No in between. Only had the grill two years and it's rusting out. Always kept it covered or under cover. Piece of junk. Or I grill too too much? Hoping to pick up an Akorn or Kettle next spring. Then I can finally get a vortex. Those things look amazing.

Never thought of covering it with something. I'll be trying that. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by a207769s View Post
              I've tried various heat levels without much luck. These were done at about medium heat maybe a little hotter. I have an infrared charbroil grill. WHEN the heat is right it can make some really good food. But heat control is nearly impossible on this model. There is about a millimeter difference on the dials between med and high heat. No in between. Only had the grill two years and it's rusting out. Always kept it covered or under cover. Piece of junk. Or I grill too too much? Hoping to pick up an Akorn or Kettle next spring. Then I can finally get a vortex. Those things look amazing.

Never thought of covering it with something. I'll be trying that. Thanks for the idea.

Man, I would be looking at Weber kettles, if you are looking for performance, versatility and longevity. I ordered a Char Broil patio bistro a few months back, as I liked the idea and some of the reviews, and sent it back. Not impressed with the build quality or materials at all. I bought a used 22.5" Weber kettle for my family's pool cabana off CL that is at least 30+ years old. Still cooks like it was new... NO problems and never covered, sitting outside. Just my observations.... Most folks eventually come around to having/cooking on a Weber kettle at some point. Again just my opions, others may differ...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a207769s View Post

That’s a great tip. Reflect the IR back. Even a double sheet of HD foil should help alot.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Yep, get yourself a Weber kettle, even if you have to get a used one. It won't rust out and will last you a very long time.
                  Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                  My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                  @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Well I was going to wait until I was going to make a purchase but since everyone is talking about it let's start the discussion now.....

I'm looking for something that will last longer than a couple of years before rusting out. I cook on a grill all year in Pittsburgh so it needs to maintain temp when it is cold. Obviously I don't expect to be able to grill when it is 0 degrees F but it wouldn't be uncommon for me to fire it up when it is in the 20's.

I see everyone on here loving their kettles....I assume they are preferred over the CharGrill Akorn? Sounds like it will outlast the akorn. What about temp control between the two? Anyone ever used both? My only experience with kettles is using a basic weber model to grill steaks/burgers at a friends camp a few times a year. When smoking pork butts for hours on end how long will a kettle go before needing charcoal added?

What is the preferred kettle model? I see the Premium 22" for $150 and the 26" for $300. I often have cookouts over the summer so 26" may be what I need. Is the Premium model the way to go or another model?

Anyone with an Akorn have anything to say about them? I've always wanted a BGE but I just can't convince the wife I need a $1200 grill. I had her OK with the thought of buying the akorn so the $300 - $350 price range is definitely doable. She loves grilled food so as long as I can make delicious food on it she should be happy.

All feedback is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

If I had to buy a new grill, I would buy the Weber 26r. Plenty of grate space and very versatile. Great for 2 zone heat and for smoking. Also for the versatile part to really shine a Vortex is a must.
                      JMHO

I grill on a Keg(insulated double metal walls) and have several different smokers to use. I bought my Keg when they first came out and paid $250 for it at Home Depot. They're now around $800-$900 with a couple accessories. They are fantastic in cold weather.

JWWFM-YMMV
                      Jim

Comment

I know those were good as they are a family favorite around here.

Nice job
                        Pete
                        Large BGE
                        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Working...
                        X