Cowgirl Cassidy - The End of the Cowgirl Tag Team Duo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowgirl Cassidy - The End of the Cowgirl Tag Team Duo

Last weekend we had to make that heart wrenching final decision for my beloved friend and senior member of the Cowgirl Team.

She was truly a gift to Me and Mrs. Engineer, and I cannot begin to tell you how much she will be missed.

Please raise your glasses in a toast to my best smoking buddy, my closest friend and loyal companion - Cowgirl Cassidy.

Cassidy could take begging to a whole other level with her laser Cowgirl focus. She knew I was an easy target too.

Cowgirls Cassidy and Hannah loved when I made a cake, because that meant that they got to lick the beater!!

They were awesome playmates...

And made quite the pair of bookends on the couch.

Nobody was going to peek my smoker with these two on guard duty. If you have anything worth protecting you need a cattle dog.

They would share corn on the cob...they loved it!

I had tears streaming down my face as I held her and she went to sleep. Here is Mrs. Engineer saying her final goodby.
    Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 08-19-2014, 04:40 PM.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Oh Dana, I am so sorry for your loss brutha... That last picture broke me into tears... Holy crap... God Speed Cowgirl Cassidy...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Dana, so sorry for your loss. Losing a trusted companion, side kick and friend is always a very hard thing to deal with. Just remember the good times and the smiles that she brought to you. My deepest condolences.
      Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
      Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
      A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
      A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
      Frogmats
      Maverick ET 732
      Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Dana, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know what you're going through, been there a few times.

That said, they are so worth it but the end just sucks. I will always have them around and they are all special in their own right.

Prayers
        Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

BQ Engineer I'm very sorry for your loss. There's nothing I can write that can ease any grief, but I'm sending positive feelings to you and your family.

Comment

My condolences as well, it is truly a difficult thing to endure.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Dana; So sorry for you loss. It just sucks when you lose one of your family members...been there, done that. RIP Cowgirl Cassidy, say hi to Mickey, my former Road Dog, for me :(
              sigpic
              New Braunfels Bandera
              New Braunfels Hondo
              4-22.5" Weber Kettles
              1-26" Weber Kettle
              24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
              Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Aw man. So sorry to hear Dana. That last pic got me to balling. Hugs to you, Mrs. Engineer and especially Hannah. She's gonna be grieving for her best buddy for sure.

Comment

Aww man Dana, truly soory to hear of this. I imagine Hannah is feeling the loss as well, hopefully not too much. The Cowgirls made a great team to be sure.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                  Paul

Comment

Been there. Sorry for your loss my friend. Nothing compares to the love of a dog, and nothing hurts as much when they have to go to their spot in heaven.

Comment

Know how ya feel Dana...Just a couple of months ago we went through the same thing...Had to bury one of our girls...The dog that was left was devastated...She wouldn't go to the back yard for about two weeks...That's where they had all their fun...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

That is so sad! May she rest and play with the dogs in heaven!!
                        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                        Yoder YS640
                        Weber Genesis
                        Weber 18.5" Kettle
                        Weber Performer
                        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

So sorry that truly sucks I've like others had to do the same thing :(
                          It leaves a big hole in your heart,just seeing those pics brings back floods of memories of my last one. Don't know that I'll ever do it again. They are definitely a man's (and ladies) best friend.
                          Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
                          Weber 22.5" WSM
                          Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
                          Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
                          Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
                          Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
                          Weber 18.5" Kettle
                          Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
                          Weber Smokey Joe
                          GMG Daniel Boone
                          Pit Barrel Cooker
                          Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
                          6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
                          Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
                          The Vortex

Comment

Really sorry dana.

Never gets easier, but it's worth it for the years of memories and the knowlege that you gave them the best life you could.

There's seven of mine in the afterlife.
                            If anyone ever tells you dogs don't have souls - punch them and say an englishman told you to :-)

Rip Cassidy.
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Sniff... Yes indeed... all dogs go to Heaven. We should be so lucky. But we're not as good.
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                              X