So I have a bunch of ash trees.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have a bunch of ash trees.....

3 trees down and 7 more to drop. Most is going to mulch and burn off the rest for camp fires and my hobby shop.

I have never used ash for smoking mostly from the way I saw it up with the chain saw and I always have hickory available.

I have a couple of nice slabs that I will trim out with a miter saw and was just wondering if anyone else has used ash wood for smoking?

Never have used it...I hear it's really mild...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

was told long time back it's good...mild like alder...
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I came across a guide a while ago for wood flavour, let me see if I can find it again.

Found it, wasn't that hard. http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1
        Last edited by SmokeyTheSmoker; 07-27-2017, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeyTheSmoker View Post
          I came across a guide a while ago for wood flavour, let me see if I can find it again.

Found it, wasn't that hard. http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1
          Let's see this thread is in the Wood & Their Smoking Flavor forum and the first thread in that forum is a sticky called Wood Flavor Chart

Would have been easier to just look at the sticky just above this thread that's in this section.
          Jim

Comment

Pretty mild. Good to mix in with hickory. Let it dry pit a bit

Plus, its better to have a bunch of ash trees rather than a bunch of ashholes!
            sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Well, if they're ash trees, that means they're already ash. They gonna light?...?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I've burned my ash before plenty of times. Usually when I try to joke about something with my wife and she takes it the wrong way.
                Mike
                Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                  I've burned my ash before plenty of times. Usually when I try to joke about something with my wife and she takes it the wrong way.
                  Yup. Nothin' like gettin' yer ash kicked...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I should have really put it in the classified or giving forward area...

I really was hoping that someone would come over and take all they wanted.......

Comment

I should have really put it in the classified or giving forward area...

I really was hoping that someone would come over and take all they wanted.......

Comment

Working...
                      X