Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 1-1-1/2 Vortex Apple Smoked Mad Hunky/Tatonka Baby Backs
Last Post: Wingman
Posted On: 11-20-2017
Replies: 4
Views: 40
0 Eagles vs Cowboys..... Ohhhhhhh Sunday Night!
Last Post: Ryan
Posted On: 11-19-2017
Replies: 9
Views: 83
0 Aaaand... the 2017 Smitty's
Last Post: strength_and_power
Replies: 24
Views: 504
0 Anyone have any pointers on an mes 40?
Last Post: ImTerribleAtThis
Replies: 11
Views: 104
0 Sweet soy garlic wings on the vortex
Last Post: Slanted88
Replies: 3
Views: 36
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,418 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,863 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,697 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 08-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Default Pork Wellington

Here's a blast from the past. I was redoing some pics on one of my old drives and found this cook that I did and posted on my old web site in April of 2010.
This is very good eating. Thought maybe some of you might like it.

I decided to make a Wellington, but instead of beef, I used all pork.

Pork tenderloin cut into chunks. These will be seasoned with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, then seared on the Keg and then placed in a pan and cooked indirect til 120° internal temp.

A Duxelle and a creamy mustard sauce that I made last night.

A layer of Prosciutto, then the Duxelle, and the seared chunk of tenderloin.

All rolled up

Edges folded and rolled tightly in clear wrap. This will go into the fridge for about an hour.

While the rolls were in the frig, I rolled out puff pastry dough. Ready to wrap in the dough.

All wrapped in the pastry dough.

While I was wrapping the rolls in the pastry dough, I ran the temp up on the Keg to 450°. I gave the rolls brushing of egg wash, then placed them in a pan with a rack covered with parchment paper. Then into the Keg to cook til internal temp of 140° and golden brown.

Served the pork wellington with asparagus, a potato-cheese souffle, and mustard sauce.

Pork Wellington cut open.

Bet you thought that I forgot about dessert. Not a chance.

A creme brulee with berries, a warm berry sauce, and a little whipped cream.

Thanks for lookin'.

Jim

Last edited by BYBBQ; 08-05-2017 at 01:52 PM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-05-2017, 01:58 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Wow Jim... that looks awemazing!!!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 08-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

That's pretty stuff Jim!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Last edited by Mark R; 08-05-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

Outstanding.

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 08-05-2017, 03:45 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Jim as soon as I saw that title I knew someone would be getting

Should have known it would be you
Old 08-06-2017, 04:00 AM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Thanks everyone for the comments and

I knew a few folks would like this cook
Old 08-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

Nice. How do you prepare your Duxelles? I like a mixture of porcini, portabella, shallots, and a bit of garlic. my spices are whatever I have on hand but I do love some fresh thyme. We did something similar but with lamb recently. Very tasty. Your Wellington looks great. Thanks for the idea

and could you share on your creamy mustard as well as the soufflé? I'm always interested in getting out of the box when it comes to food. again, nice work...

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Last edited by jwbtulsa; 08-06-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: oh i always forget something
Old 08-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbtulsa View Post
Nice. How do you prepare your Duxelles? I like a mixture of porcini, portabella, shallots, and a bit of garlic. my spices are whatever I have on hand but I do love some fresh thyme. We did something similar but with lamb recently. Very tasty. Your Wellington looks great. Thanks for the idea

and could you share on your creamy mustard as well as the soufflé? I'm always interested in getting out of the box when it comes to food. again, nice work...
I make the Duxelles similar, I like to use parsley and wine in mine.

Here's a link to the soufflé recipe...

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44021

I'll look up the sauce recipe later.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

That is some fine dining !

I'll never be able to make my food look that pretty !

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 08-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Wow, fit for a king BYBBQ! This just makes me smile thinking of eating a meal like that. when I get some

Old 08-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Pit Master

Thanks again folks for the comments and
Old 08-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Meatasaurus

AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All
AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All

Effin Ayy!!! Great job on the pork Wellington! That looks sooooo gooood. Wellington's be it pork or beef are one of my favorite meals. You did it right fine!
Old 08-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Rub Mixer

TKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

That looks downright tasty Jim.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Pit Master

This is a tasty dinner

Again Thanks for all the comments and
Old 08-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

All I can say is Wow!

Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 08-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Fire Starter

myronlas Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teachermyronlas Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teachermyronlas Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teachermyronlas Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teachermyronlas Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teachermyronlas Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teachermyronlas Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Hey that's classy!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2017, 04:36 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Impressive. You HAVE dumped that electric cooktop right?
Old 08-15-2017, 05:18 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Impressive. You HAVE dumped that electric cooktop right?
Yeah. It somehow cracked when it met a cast iron Dutch oven one day

Now we just have a reg elec stove no gas available where we live
Old 08-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Pit Master

Again Thanks for all the comments and

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Pork