Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing Machines...Any Appliance Guys/Gals Got A Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XLR8R View Post
    Just replaced my Frigidaire Gallery Series W&D. Came with this house, 12 years old but very low usage. Typical Asian junk like we all have to buy because everyone wants to save 20 bucks. If we truly wanted to care about the environment we'd spend a few more bucks on our appliances and make something that lasts like they used to. Just bought a new set of Samsung. Funky tunes on end of cycle. Seriously, WTF is that? I'd bet my LN these won't even last 12 years. Pathetic. Salesman actually tried to hook me up with a set that talked to my cel phone. WTF? And it's gonna get worse.
    I think I know what LN means

Talking with me mom today, and she said her last washing machine lasted something like 22 YEARS! And was repaired 2x! Think she said it was a Whirlpool or Kenmore? I just like shit that works, nothing fancy, and thrives on neglect.....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      I think I know what LN means

Talking with me mom today, and she said her last washing machine lasted something like 22 YEARS! And was repaired 2x! Think she said it was a Whirlpool or Kenmore? I just like shit that works, nothing fancy, and thrives on neglect.....
      Most men's fantasy...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

My 20 Y + washer had a new valves, motor, belt, switch etc etc. Dryer needed a new heater, motor, wheels and belts. Wheels 3 times over 15+ years. The newer ones will prolly break more often. Not a lot to them, with the manuals and repair forums on the internet now it's not hard to fix.

The missis loves her new shiny machines, I'm happy if she's happy and will fix them when the time comes. Almost payed off too!

Still, who said, "If she don't find you handsome, at least be able to fix stuff".

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
          My 20 Y + washer had a new valves, motor, belt, switch etc etc. Dryer needed a new heater, motor, wheels and belts. Wheels 3 times over 15+ years. The newer ones will prolly break more often. Not a lot to them, with the manuals and repair forums on the internet now it's not hard to fix.

The missis loves her new shiny machines, I'm happy if she's happy and will fix them when the time comes. Almost payed off too!

Still, who said, "If she don't find you handsome, at least be able to fix stuff".

Got the POS into the garage to be picked up by the Sears guys..... Really sad, it still looks like new..... Maybe they will turn it into a smoker?
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X