It Was Not ME........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post

Whatever combination of rice, vacuum sealing in a jar, sun, soap, beer consumption and luck worked.....

I was about to give up cause I could not get the charging cord plugged in amd my 11 year old says let me look. There was a grain of rice stuck inside the charging receptacle port blocking the pin from making contact. I broke it up with a super skinny sharp pocket knife I had, tapped the phone a few thymes and eventually the rice remnants all came oot. Plugged it in and it came to life!
    That's awesome.

to you and to the 11 year old as well.

Okay, now might be a good time to talk to the wife unit about iCloud. It's probably safe to bring it up now.

Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
      That's awesome.

to you and to the 11 year old as well.

Okay, now might be a good time to talk to the wife unit about iCloud. It's probably safe to bring it up now.

Dave
      I will try it, but she never listens to me Thank God she was gone for aboot 6 hours today, or this may have never happened

Thanks again to all.... Maybe this can help somebody in the future

DCarch I did the frozen jar with soap inside also Not sure what worked, or all of them, butt it worked.
      sigpic

Comment

WTF?

FRANKENPHONE LIVES!
        A good man once said...I just love shit that thrives on neglect!
        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
          A good man once said...I just love shit that thrives on neglect!
          sigpic

Comment

Hah! Yer good Dana... real good!
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

So should this all be taken with a "Grain of Salt"????

Bear
              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

As fate would have it my son took his phone on a canoe trip yesterday. Guess what happened. Put it in the vac jar. Well 2 out of three. it's working intermittently so back to the vac jar but I think I am buying a new phone

Comment

Originally posted by S.W. Oh. smoker View Post
                  As fate would have it my son took his phone on a canoe trip yesterday. Guess what happened. Put it in the vac jar. Well 2 out of three. it's working intermittently so back to the vac jar but I think I am buying a new phone
                  that sucks! Hope it pulls through maybe try the liquid dish soap inside a frozen jar When I told my wife the processes I used, she looked at me like I was from outer space (or Oregon )

She did have an Otterbox on it when it went through the washer. Maybe that helped a little? I dunno
                  sigpic

Comment

She did have an Otterbox on it when it went through the washer. Maybe that helped a little? I dunno
                    My Otterbox Defender cases have paid for themselves several times already.

Flipped my Samsung Galaxy S4 out of the holster and it bounced a few times in a parking lot. Dropped it a couple of times and it landed face down on a cement walkway. A couple of weeks ago we bought my daughter a Galaxy S5 with a Defender case. Hell, we didn't even make it home before she dropped it screen down in a parking lot.

No damage at all. Don't know about their ability to protect a phone against water but they do a hell of a job protecting them from being dropped.

Dave
                    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                    UDS 1.0
                    Afterburner
                    Weber Performer
                    Blue Thermapen
                    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                    Auber Smoker Controller
                    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                    -
                    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                      My Otterbox Defender cases have paid for themselves several times already.

Flipped my Samsung Galaxy S4 out of the holster and it bounced a few times in a parking lot. Dropped it a couple of times and it landed face down on a cement walkway. A couple of weeks ago we bought my daughter a Galaxy S5 with a Defender case. Hell, we didn't even make it home before she dropped it screen down in a parking lot.

No damage at all. Don't know about their ability to protect a phone against water but they do a hell of a job protecting them from being dropped.

Dave
                      Good to know Dave! My kid also has one on his ipod. So far, so good..... He also likes things that "thrive on neglect"
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X