My almost clean room processing area. Picture HEAVY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My almost clean room processing area. Picture HEAVY

There was some talk about sanitation a few weeks ago so I thought would post what I do.

Still tweaking my setup, usually i am by myself but this year I had both my son's with their deer.I also keep buying cool stuff, so I had to inform the Mrs that I am expanding.

I think I have all the tables and cabinets. I need to re-do the electric, some plumbing throw a bunch of stuff away and find the time.

My sink.....Every thing gets washed before use. Sinks first, counters and everything on them, pans and cutting boards, then small wares.

I use a combination of these:

I am now a glove user. Using the right ones just makes things better.

My usual tools, Some times I add a few to try out.

I use this little bucket lined with two grocery bags for scraps. Easy to reach and easy to throw away.

All setup and ready to start cutting.

I keep large pans covered in refrigerator and keep putting fresh cut in every 15 min or so.

Action picture

I have started using quart size bags for most everything, They are quicker.

Bosses deer netted 23lbs of clean meat.

Now time for a little refreshment.
    Last edited by nickelmore; 12-11-2017, 07:46 AM.

Nice! Wish I could do that but I hafta work kinda in the woods. Aim for the same targets just have to do it outdoors.
    Well thought out!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Me too when I hit my place in KY, I usually debone it then bring it home to age and finish. My goal is to have a portable cooler/ cutting setup.

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
        Me too when I hit my place in KY, I usually debone it then bring it home to age and finish. My goal is to have a portable cooler/ cutting setup.
        Yea, but I do have power and a small freezer...and prolly 50° warmer temps. So I gotta get er done fairly quick an in the freezadezzer. Can't just let one hang for a day.
        Still, real nice setup yo got goin!

On edit, well maybe this week I could. Overnights in the 20's, highs in the 50's this week. But that won't last long.
        Last edited by Mark R; 12-10-2017, 11:12 PM.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

You should look into one of these MArk... https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...triccoolers-20

I think I’m gonna pick one up...
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            You should look into one of these MArk... https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...triccoolers-20

That might be OK for you because for you that one is a Walk-in Cooler!!

$170 is pretty cheap for a Walk-in Cooler!!

LOL---Just kidding Rich,

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I have an apt fridge and freezer up there. Might have to give it a look for transport, but you can buy a lot of ice fer $170.

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post

LOL---Just kidding Rich,

Bear
              Mark
              sigpic

Comment

cool setup.

The sanitizing tablets label made me laugh.
                'Kills hiv !!!!'

For the recird hiv can only be transferred in bodily fluids via direct human to human contact.
                It dies very quickly on exposure to air. So unless you gargle with the tablets or shove them in delicate areas - no they won't kill hiv, it'll already be dead :-)
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                  I have an apt fridge and freezer up there. Might have to give it a look for transport, but you can buy a lot of ice fer $170.
                  OK. Well..just thought something like that might help with the meat. Me.. I just hang it :{)
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                    cool setup.

The sanitizing tablets label made me laugh.
                    'Kills hiv !!!!'

For the recird hiv can only be transferred in bodily fluids via direct human to human contact.
                    It dies very quickly on exposure to air. So unless you gargle with the tablets or shove them in delicate areas - no they won't kill hiv, it'll already be dead :-)
                    Yea I saw that, and was trying to figure out where I got them. I have had them for some time and know I did not buy them.

I like that solution for my small-wares, knives, cutting plates and such. The other stuff I use is a little strong on the nose and hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post

LOL---Just kidding Rich,

Bear
                      Ok this is funny, about spit my beer out John.

Nice setup nicklemore. I've got some deep deep cleaning to do in my room. Hopefully next week after I get the pigs settled and calves sold. Maybe a bit of cash left over for that meat saw. Really want a walk in cooler.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                        Yea, but I do have power and a small freezer...and prolly 50° warmer temps. So I gotta get er done fairly quick an in the freezadezzer. Can't just let one hang for a day.
                        Still, real nice setup yo got goin!

On edit, well maybe this week I could. Overnights in the 20's, highs in the 50's this week. But that won't last long.

Oh yes you can my friend.. I have been wanting to build my own small walk in cooler to age the meat for a few days in lieu of leaving it in the cooler bleeding it out for a week..

It can be done for under 1K easy.. I think I brought this up some years ago.. CoolBot..
                        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

spanked it with the Four Roses!
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                            Oh yes you can my friend.. I have been wanting to build my own small walk in cooler to age the meat for a few days in lieu of leaving it in the cooler bleeding it out for a week..

It can be done for under 1K easy.. I think I brought this up some years ago.. CoolBot..
                            If I had a spare $1K I could buy a small walk in! They are cheap at auction here, lotta restaurants goin down!
                            Mark
                            sigpic

Comment

I have a large Coleman TEC cooler. They are good for keeping cold stuff cold or warm stuff warm. Not so good for going from one to the other. Just not enough BTU exchange in a small TEC unit like that. External temp also has an effect on this.

They do work REALLY well for holding a brisket or butt if it gets done a little earlier than planned. Mine will go to about 154 or so if it's left to run for a while with nothing in it.
                              Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X