Issue with phone accessing Smoked-Meat.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
    Doing it again after I inadvernyly opened a pic and photoshop web page opened up. In fact it did it twice while typing it.
    Ha! Spoke too soon. Mine is blowing up also. I sent the folks at goodgames a colorful email. See if that helps

Tapatalk sucks
    sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
    Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
    Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

I don't care for Tapatalk either, except for creating posts with pics. Any other viewing is ipad or pc from the normal site. Get a few adds on ipad, butt not a bunch.
      sigpic

Comment

Yea, Tapa doesn't have the full function of Safari for me.

Talked to a guy at work, he knows a bit about this stuff. He said there is something in the ad portion script that does that, not SM folks, but the link that shows up for ads on the phone. I don't see ads on my PC due to my anti stuff proggy. BTW, I use Kaspersky, been using it for years. Good stuff. I gave up on freeware anti stuff a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          I'll make sure Ken sees this... but it's strange I have seen no other complaints on this? Anyone?
          Yep, I've been having a hell of a time, pop up ads, crashing and locking up. Couldn't get it to work for two days in a row, seems better today.
          No issues using my computer just on the IPAD which is what I use most of the time.
          I'm no Gynecologist
          But I'll take a look at it

Comment

Found a thread, might help.
            http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ge...ads.452915633/

Comment

you could always throw away the apple crap and get some android devices instead

Lots of pop up and add blockers available there :-)

I was at a clients house yesterday and her son had a new top of the range ipad. Every now and then the screen goes balck and it just stops working.

Had a look online and this is apparently a widely accepted fault in ipads. Across the latest three ose's as well.

I say accepted fault 'cos nobody had a fix and Apple apparently don't give a crap.

The more I see of apple devices, the glader i am i don't have one.

That said - you can use different browsers even on ios - try opera or firefox instead of the default browser.
              Lots of add stop addons for firefox.
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                you could always throw away the apple crap and get some android devices instead
                Thanks, big help there.

Comment

Thanks, big help there.
                  ah then you didn't read the rest:

That said - you can use different browsers even on ios - try opera or firefox instead of the default browser.
                  Lots of add stop addons for firefox.
                  You have to look at all the words - not just the unhelpful ones
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Try putting the helpful words at the beginning ?
                    Weber Smoky Joe
                    18" Weber Silver
                    22.5" Weber Gold
                    22.5" Weber Silver
                    UDS X 2
                    Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                    Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                    Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                    Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                    Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                    Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                    Blackstone three burner flat top
                    5" AMZNPS
                    Vortex x 2
                    Maverick ET 73
                    Maverick ET 732
                    Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
                    Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
                    Pitmaster iQue 110
                    sigpic

Comment

No matter what, I'll use Tapatalk now and I don't like it. I know we don'y have expert coders here (good thing) that can fix this. It's in the ads. I gonna try to disable java and see it that works and if it causes any loss of function.

Might take you up on another browser, soon. We'll see. I don't android etc because I'm busy and don't want to mess with my phone, and ITunes is seamless on my I5 Gotta A Cool Gadget. Plug it and go, funny thing really because this was my last PC I had. I was into it, this was 4 months ago, but I was still a busy guy. I should know more, but I don't want to experiment, download apps etc. I want my stuff to work, like a dependable hammer.

i190165.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by tenacious bee View Post
                        Try putting the helpful words at the beginning ?
                        where's the fun in that

No matter what, I'll use Tapatalk now and I don't like it. I know we don'y have expert coders here (good thing) that can fix this. It's in the ads. I gonna try to disable java and see it that works and if it causes any loss of function.

Might take you up on another browser, soon. We'll see. I don't android etc because I'm busy and don't want to mess with my phone, and ITunes is seamless on my I5 Gotta A Cool Gadget. Plug it and go, funny thing really because this was my last PC I had. I was into it, this was 4 months ago, but I was still a busy guy. I should know more, but I don't want to experiment, download apps etc. I want my stuff to work, like a dependable hammer.

[ATTACH]19882[/ATTACH]
                        Yeah i get a lot of that. 'Why doesn't it just work ?'
                        I then generally explain that any electronic device is a combination of hardware, generally designed by people who'll never use it, with software designed by people who don't generally care if it works properly once they've got your money. And to cap it all it's owned by someone who really doesn't want to learn how to use it properly and won't take the 'bugs' in their stride.
                        Couple that with the fact that both apple and google refuse to issue manuals with their toys and there's always going to be issues.

Personally I'm always amazed when any complex device with both hardware and software actually works at all !

The thing to bear in mind is that a web browser is simply a tool for downloading and arranging bits of text, code and pictures into a comprehensible web page.

If you think of the browser as the hammer and the webpage as the nail.
                        Sometimes you just need a different shaped hammer to hit an awkwardly placed nail.

For the sake of a couple minutes loading up a different browser you might be saving yourself hours of frustration and hassle and damaged fingers (hammer and nail analogy )
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

So true. I use three browsers on my android and two each on my ipad and pc. I have to use IE for work stuff . Some sites see an apple device and default to safari architecture . I even have the wife using silk and chrome on her kindle HD. It's like smoking stuff. Some cookers are a better choice for what you're cooking that day.
                          Weber Smoky Joe
                          18" Weber Silver
                          22.5" Weber Gold
                          22.5" Weber Silver
                          UDS X 2
                          Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                          Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                          Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                          Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                          Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                          Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                          Blackstone three burner flat top
                          5" AMZNPS
                          Vortex x 2
                          Maverick ET 73
                          Maverick ET 732
                          Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
                          Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
                          Pitmaster iQue 110
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tenacious bee View Post
                            So true. I use three browsers on my android and two each on my ipad and pc. I have to use IE for work stuff . Some sites see an apple device and default to safari architecture . I even have the wife using silk and chrome on her kindle HD. It's like smoking stuff. Some cookers are a better choice for what you're cooking that day.
                            lol - damn, should have used a cooking analogy myself
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

What I want to happen is this forum to fix the issue. It's an ad server problem that makes this site money. I WANT this place to make money and grow. But if new users get this crap all the time, they will not stay. Every new user is $$ to cover the server costs. Many users use Mobile Media now, so it is an issue for this site for long term costs. If they use Alpha 9.01 whatever new stuff it don't matter. It's a coding issue.

Odd hasn't happened today at all, on 10 times probably all day on my many breaks. Another place I visited today bombarded me with the same crap today.

We ain't the only ones for sure.

Comment

lol well at some point in this life you have to meet people at least half way on things.

If you're getting it on other sites as well - isn't it time you decided to try and fix it your end instead of waiting for someone else ?
                                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                                X