Issue with phone accessing Smoked-Meat.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being a smart arse or anything...

Butt, I just use phones to talk to people. Just sayin'...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
      lol well at some point in this life you have to meet people at least half way on things.

If you're getting it on other sites as well - isn't it time you decided to try and fix it your end instead of waiting for someone else ?
      When it comes to this stuff I don't know crap. I've got a droid and am getting it on another site worse than here still not a big deal for me. But if you could offer an easy fix I'd do it
      sigpic

Comment

read the rest of the thread :-)

basically you need to try different web browsers.
        Firefox - while not my favourite android browser, does have a lot of anti-advert add on's you can try.

Also if you've got a rooted phone you can install a total online add blocker. Also works on jailbroke iphones.
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
          What I want to happen is this forum to fix the issue. It's an ad server problem that makes this site money.
          Ken doesn't control the ad server. Just subscribes to it to help cover SOME of the costs of running the place -- most of which he pays for himself which is very generous of him in my humble opinion.

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
          Another place I visited today bombarded me with the same crap today.
          Okay, then why do you think Ken, aka "this forum" can fix it?

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
          Butt, I just use phones to talk to people. Just sayin'...
          And a computer to browse the Web perhaps??

But then today's "smartphones" are really just tiny computers with a phone app.

Dave
          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
          UDS 1.0
          Afterburner
          Weber Performer
          Blue Thermapen
          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
          Auber Smoker Controller
          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
          -
          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
            Ken doesn't control the ad server. Just subscribes to it to help cover SOME of the costs of running the place -- most of which he pays for himself which is very generous of him in my humble opinion.

Okay, then why do you think Ken, aka "this forum" can fix it?

And a computer to browse the Web perhaps??

But then today's "smartphones" are really just tiny computers with a phone app.

Dave
            The problem with "smartphones" are some of the "dumbasses" that use them... What's so friggin important that you need to text or browse or app yo ass off and try to walk at the same time... or stand at a urinal and tend to the wrong business.

Today, I was walking down the isle at work, when some idiot came blasting out of his cubicle and ran me over, while staring at his phone instead of looking where he was going. Don't get me wrong, technology is great, butt there is a thyme and place for it.

I'll shut up now...

[/rant]

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
              The problem with "smartphones" are some of the "dumbasses" that use them... What's so friggin important that you need to text or browse or app yo ass off and try to walk at the same time... or stand at a urinal and tend to the wrong business.

Today, I was walking down the isle at work, when some idiot came blasting out of his cubicle and ran me over, while staring at his phone instead of looking where he was going. Don't get me wrong, technology is great, butt there is a thyme and place for it.

I'll shut up now...

[/rant]
              I only use me phone to swipe a credit card...I'm with ya...On the dummies that are addicted to it...I ain't gonna check this site with me phone...that pinch & stretch ain't happenin!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                ...that pinch & stretch ain't happenin!
                Well, there is a place for that too, butt no phones involved... guess it depends on yer partner...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I'm in the peculiar situation of fixing, helping and advising people on smartphones and their usage (and any other bit of tech you can think of) - while absolutely refusing to carry any kind of mobile phone.

Hate them - I don't want to be in contact with people 24 hours a day.

That said I can appreciate that if you do use one - you want it to work.
                  Modern tech is sold as being idiot proof - which would work if most people were idiots - and they're not.

It's also sold on the principle that once the sellers have tour money - they really don't give a crap whether it works or not.

People never seem to realise this. Apple are one of the biggest offenders - while stylish and supposedly well designed the build quality of their kit is truly bloody awful.

Anyway, there are enough ideas in this thread to actually help - but you have to take some of the reponsibility for sorting problems out your self :-)
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Just downloaded Firefox. Not sure which add ons to have, but got the ad blocker. See if it work's, so far I've mixed emotions about it but it'll probably grow on a guy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X