No announcement yet.

It Was Not ME........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell with iphones you don't even have the luxury of storing things on a memory card. Memory cards will survive a washing machine no problem.

But I'd say the phone is dead.
    But won't all the files be backed up in itunes ?
    It's crappy software - but it does do automatic backups.

Apple hardware is cheap junk in a very expensive container.
    Having repaired a few ipads, I certainly wouldn't want one.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

It Was Not ME........

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
      Hell with iphones you don't even have the luxury of storing things on a memory card. Memory cards will survive a washing machine no problem.

But I'd say the phone is dead.

But won't all the files be backed up in itunes ?

It's crappy software - but it does do automatic backups.

Apple hardware is cheap junk in a very expensive container.

Having repaired a few ipads, I certainly wouldn't want one.

I love my ipad and iphone. They work together and require no fiddlefuckingaround, which is what non techy guys like me need. I'm guessing it's dead also, but who knows, maybe it will zombie back to life

Ah ha!!!! The vac sealed jar process appears to be pulling moisture oot of the phone.
      Last edited by Fishawn; 06-07-2015, 02:26 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Just keep opening it up and wiping the condensation and re vacume the jar till no condensation

Comment

Originally posted by S.W. Oh. smoker View Post
          Just keep opening it up and wiping the condensation and re vacume the jar till no condensation
          Thanks, that's the direction I was heading. I also let the phone cool down about 10 minutes before I sealed it again. Its in the 80's here today and that SOB was hot! Sound OK, or should I just keep removing the condensation and putting it back in the sun?

Any other tricks?
          sigpic

Comment

I think someone else mentioned a dehydrator - probably the best way to dry it oot. If memory serves, those things don't like temps much above 115° or so, make sure it is set on the lowest temp setting. Don't hurry things, it may take a day or two.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
            Paul

Comment

it was a cool day when i did it so you are probably right cooling it down. you may not want to be in the sun

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                -------- Any other tricks?
                Same vacuum trick, with the following:

Freeze the jar first. Wipe dishwasher detergent on the inside surface of the jar, and put a paper towel on the bottom of the jar.

The cold surface will accelerate condensation. Condensation will cascade and sheet down the surface of the cold jar because dishwasher detergent breaks the surface tension of water. The paper towel will absorb the cascaded water condensation.

Do that a few times.

dcarch

Comment

Originally posted by S.W. Oh. smoker View Post
                  That the ticket...if there is one!
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by dcarch View Post
                    Same vacuum trick, with the following:

Freeze the jar first. Wipe dishwasher detergent on the inside surface of the jar, and put a paper towel on the bottom of the jar.

The cold surface will accelerate condensation. Condensation will cascade and sheet down the surface of the cold jar because dishwasher detergent breaks the surface tension of water. The paper towel will absorb the cascaded water condensation.

Do that a few times.

dcarch
                    I'm ln it. Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                      I think someone else mentioned a dehydrator - probably the best way to dry it oot. If memory serves, those things don't like temps much above 115° or so, make sure it is set on the lowest temp setting. Don't hurry things, it may take a day or two.

Would it help if Scott sends it to you & you can set it out in the Desert for a couple days???

What's the Humidity there???

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        I love my ipad and iphone. They work together and require no fiddlefuckingaround,
                        I'm not a huge fan of Apple for a variety of reasons.

BUT, I must admit Scott is exactly right. All the iDevices share a single OS and different devices linked with the same AppleID work together pretty damn well without a lot of fuss.

Dave
                        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                        UDS 1.0
                        Afterburner
                        Weber Performer
                        Blue Thermapen
                        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                        Auber Smoker Controller
                        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                        -
                        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Simply stated...wash yer own damn dirty drawz!
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                            Simply stated...wash yer own damn dirty drawz!
                            That's it Eugene! I could have just sprayed some Windex on it and a soft cloth, butt NO! She had to have it really clean

Dave, they just work for me, that's all I really need. Easy, no fussing around. I'm not a tech guy and lose patience with stuff that is not "simple", so Apple stuff is a good fit for me

I could have upgraded my 4S for free or $.99 or $99 whatever it was, butt it works fine and I had a feeling either me kid, or wife, would need the upgrade option soon
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                              Would it help if Scott sends it to you & you can set it out in the Desert for a couple days???

What's the Humidity there???

Bear
                              Not gonna work Big Bear... We are getting the remnants of Hurricane Blanca coming up from the Baja Peninsula in the next couple of days which is kicking up the humididitatidy & the chances for rain. Real weird weather for June around here - usually the driest month of the year for the parched, desolate wasteland known as Arizona.
                              Me likey the rain. I love it!!!

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                              Paul

Comment

WTF?

Whatever combination of rice, vacuum sealing in a jar, sun, soap, beer consumption and luck worked.....

I was about to give up cause I could not get the charging cord plugged in amd my 11 year old says let me look. There was a grain of rice stuck inside the charging receptacle port blocking the pin from making contact. I broke it up with a super skinny sharp pocket knife I had, tapped the phone a few thymes and eventually the rice remnants all came oot. Plugged it in and it came to life!

FRANKENPHONE LIVES!

Thanks to all for the input and ideas. I truly appreciate it

What would I do without all you fine folks keeping all my broken sh!t going?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X