No announcement yet.

ABT's ...... Test Driving The New Copper Topper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott, those ABT's look amazing. I like that weber too.
    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
    Yoder Wichita
    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Love me some ABTs, never knew they froze so well.
      Have to keep that in mind!
      There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Scott, do you freeze em after you've cooked em? Let em cool on a cookie sheet then freeze? I'm gonna be doing about 30 of them on Wednesday using whole peppers for each one and am totally wondering how bad they'll be after they've been cooked and frozen. When you warm em up, do you just do it in the oven?
        Don

Humphrey's Pint
        Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
        Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
        Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
        Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
        Anova One Sous Vide
        AMPS
        Purple Thermapen
        Maverick ET-733
        DigIQ DX2
        Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tadowdaddy View Post
          Scott, do you freeze em after you've cooked em? Let em cool on a cookie sheet then freeze? I'm gonna be doing about 30 of them on Wednesday using whole peppers for each one and am totally wondering how bad they'll be after they've been cooked and frozen. When you warm em up, do you just do it in the oven?
          I freeze them for aboot an hour, then vac pack, in an attempt to keep their shape. I don't think it really matters in the long run though, when thawed they resume whatever shape they wanna take I just love the damned things & am OK with them microwaved & kinda soggy. Reheat them on the grill & then hit the bacon over the heat seems to help firm up the bacon a bit. Never re-heated in the oven, but I would guess that would be as good or better than a grill
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            I freeze them for aboot an hour, then vac pack, in an attempt to keep their shape. I don't think it really matters in the long run though, when thawed they resume whatever shape they wanna take I just love the damned things & am OK with them microwaved & kinda soggy. Reheat them on the grill & then hit the bacon over the heat seems to help firm up the bacon a bit. Never re-heated in the oven, but I would guess that would be as good or better than a grill
            Awesome! Thanks Sir! Hoping that mine stay good frozen!! These will be a little surprise for the people we'll be vacationing with. Gonna do about 15 whole buffalo chicken ABT's, and then 15 whole cheddar jack and cream cheese abt's. May also include some chuckie in the bottom of the cheddar jack ones. I'm thinking that only 4 of the 8 of us will eat em, and 2 of them are women, so I should get to eat at least 10 myself!!
            Don

Humphrey's Pint
            Anova One Sous Vide
            AMPS
            Purple Thermapen
            Maverick ET-733
            DigIQ DX2
            Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

I dunno which is sexier... the grill or the turds!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I asked my wife to look for jalepenos at the local veggie market today. I'll be doing some ABT's on Wednesday night for our trip. She got 25 great size jalepenos for $2. Awesome! Now, what to stuff them with????
                A little lightly fried sausage (breakfast works great...) and cream cheese, with a dab of chedder, wrapped with lightly cooked bacon... is my choice. But as long as you have the bacon... heck..they will be great!
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  A little lightly fried sausage (breakfast works great...) and cream cheese, with a dab of chedder, wrapped with lightly cooked bacon... is my choice. But as long as you have the bacon... heck..they will be great!
                  I thought I had chuckie leftover, but I don't. Gonna do 1/2 buffalo chicken ABT's and the other half I think I'll try this. I will probably not cook them all the way on the smoker since I'm gonna freeze em. I'll get the bacon lightly smoked and done, use Scott's method of freezing, and then finish em on the propane grill at our cabin up north.
                  Don

Humphrey's Pint
                  Anova One Sous Vide
                  AMPS
                  Purple Thermapen
                  Maverick ET-733
                  DigIQ DX2
                  Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

I thought I had chuckie leftover, but I don't. Gonna do 1/2 buffalo chicken ABT's and the other half I think I'll try this. I will probably not cook them all the way on the smoker since I'm gonna freeze em. I'll get the bacon lightly smoked and done, use Scott's method of freezing, and then finish em on the propane grill at our cabin up north.
                    That should work just fine I would think. I've heard that what Rich mentioned adding cooked sausage is killer also, butt have not tried it yet. Dang, I think I'm gonna go thaw some out
                    sigpic

Comment

That should work just fine I would think. I've heard that what Rich mentioned adding cooked sausage is killer also, butt have not tried it yet. Dang, I think I'm gonna go thaw some out
                      I just took out 1/2 lb to thaw. Won't get to this on Wednesday night now due to a commitment my wife made, but I'll be doing it tomorrow.
                      Don

Humphrey's Pint
                      Anova One Sous Vide
                      AMPS
                      Purple Thermapen
                      Maverick ET-733
                      DigIQ DX2
                      Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

I dunno which is sexier... the grill or the turds!

"Sexy Turds"??

I hope non-smokers don't read these posts----I'm imagining their thoughts on that.

Bear
                        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                          "Sexy Turds"??

I hope non-smokers don't read these posts----I'm imagining their thoughts on that.
                          You DO know what "ABT" stands for... right? I din't do it!

Comment

I just toss um in a baggie and freeze them, never had a problem (unless the dogs interviened in the defrost). They hold their shape pretty well but Fishbreath's method sounds like it'd work betta!
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

You DO know what "ABT" stands for... right? I din't do it!
                              LOL---of course---thanks a lot Rich!!!!
                              I think I stated "Non-smokers", of which I am not one of them!!

I was talking about someone who doesn't know what they are, and reading parts of this thread, wondering what is wrong with this guy talking about "Sexy Turds".
                              Butt Rubs, Stuffing your sausage, and things like that are easily understood, but newbies or non-smokers are bound to panic when they see guys talking about "sexy Turds".

Bear
                              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                                LOL---of course---thanks a lot Rich!!!!
                                I think I stated "Non-smokers", of which I am not one of them!!

I was talking about someone who doesn't know what they are, and reading parts of this thread, wondering what is wrong with this guy talking about "Sexy Turds".
                                Butt Rubs, Stuffing your sausage, and things like that are easily understood, but newbies or non-smokers are bound to panic when they see guys talking about "sexy Turds".
                                oops OK..I see that now. My humor detector must need some re-calibration.

AND..to you folks reading this who DON'T know...

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4974

Comment

Working...
                                X