This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis Style Rib Rub

For you that like a dry coated ribs. This doesn't mean that the meat is tough and dried out, there just isn't a barbecue sauce. This traditional Memphis barbecue rub recipe is the base of a great rack of pork ribs.

4 teaspoons paprika
    2 teaspoons kosher salt
    2 teaspoons onion powder
    2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
    1 teaspoons cayenne

Mix ingredients together. Store in an airtight container. Spread evenly on prepared ribs that have been patted dry and let sit until the rub appears moist.
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

I would make one suggestion... use Kosher salt for this rub. ANY rub as a matter of fact. I avoid iodized like the plague any more.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      I would make one suggestion... use Kosher salt for this rub. ANY rub as a matter of fact. I avoid iodized like the plague any more.

True. Typo on my part.

But I do there still alot of peeps that use it in the rubs. I think the reason that most done use Kosher is due to the size of the granules. They being much larger than table salt.
      Ken

Comment

I grind my kosher and my turbinado so that they suspend the same as the powders do. Helps the rub shake out alot easier too!
        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
          I grind my kosher and my turbinado so that they suspend the same as the powders do. Helps the rub shake out alot easier too!

Great tip..Thanks
          Ken

Comment

i dont know where i procurred it from but i have one a those shakers they have at pizza joints with the large holes for shaking parmeson cheese or the red peppers, has the large bottom so holds probly 2 cups... works great for dispensing rubs neatly. saves time too!
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

@texas-hunter i just blended a batch of your memphis stye rub for my sunday rib fest. i'll keep you posted with pics.
              johnny delish
              www.grubnosh.com

Comment

Working...
              X