No announcement yet.

Photobucket work-around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird, I have not logged into PB since last time I uploaded pics. thinking I keep it that way. in case that has something to do with it.
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
      weird, I have not logged into PB since last time I uploaded pics. thinking I keep it that way. in case that has something to do with it.
      Same here but it seems they got my number...But not my money
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
        Same here but it seems they got my number...But not my money
        they aint getting mine either. I can think of a lot of things I could do with 4 bills rather than pay extortionists.
        Charbroil SFB
        GOSM
        MES
        Dutch Ovens and other CI

sigpic

Comment

Mine are still there too, but I paid a fee back in Spring, so I figure mine will be screwed come Spring.

Meanwhile I'm learning to use the forum's Picture thingy.
          Going back & fixing all my old ones seems too big a job.

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
            Mine are still there too, but I paid a fee back in Spring, so I figure mine will be screwed come Spring.

Meanwhile I'm learning to use the forum's Picture thingy.
            Going back & fixing all my old ones seems too big a job.

Bear
            Yeah and that's the sad part...

I think if they came back and said 40 bucks instead of 400... Many of us would go there just to have our stuff back...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah and that's the sad part...

I think if they came back and said 40 bucks instead of 400... Many of us would go there just to have our stuff back...
              I wonder if that is their plan. Sort of the Coke / New Coke / Coke Classic sort of switch when Coke stopped using cane sugar. They forced the world into the crappy new coke until all the "real" coke was gone and then slid in "coke classic" with fructose which tasted different than the original version. By the time the switch took place most people did not notice the change (which failed in taste testing prior to the switcheroo plan - 80% of the testers preferred the cane sugar formula vs the high fructose corn syrup version). It was all about costs of cane sugar vs HFCS.

As a side note, I believe the coke in Mexico still is made with cane sugar and can be found in some markets in the USA (as in your local Mercado). Mexican coke only comes in glass bottles though. Ok, side story over....
              Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Well I just checked and mine are still gone

Looked up another one in 2014...Also still done...

I went back and found one of your threads from 2013 and updated the image info with the work around and the pics reappeared.. http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...943#post424943

Again how long with this work until they disable the work around?/ I dunno.. Maybe no one will tell them..
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thanks Ken... feel free to fix some more for me
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                    I went back and found one of your threads from 2013 and updated the image info with the work around and the pics reappeared.. http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...943#post424943

Again how long with this work until they disable the work around?/ I dunno.. Maybe no one will tell them..
                    Thanks Ken... feel free to fix some more for me

That's a good one ken, all I see for pictures is ford blue ovals....
                    Charbroil SFB
                    GOSM
                    MES
                    Dutch Ovens and other CI

sigpic

Comment

That's a good one ken, all I see for pictures is ford blue ovals....
                      You're still a sick and twisted individual.
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

You're still a sick and twisted individual.
                        some things will never change...
                        Charbroil SFB
                        GOSM
                        MES
                        Dutch Ovens and other CI

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THUMPERRRR View Post
                          just found this,,, it works I tried it on a rib post

just add:

"~original"

behind .jpg in the IMG link on your edit page of your post...
                          Nice!!!

Just went and fixed my UDS sticky.
                          http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15798

If there are a lot of pictures in the post you can copy and paste the original post into Notepad then do a find and replace. Replace ".jpg" with ".jpg~original". Then replace the text in the original post with the modified version and it's all done. Be sure and preview the changes so you don't accidentally wipe out your original post.
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                            If there are a lot of pictures in the post you can copy and paste the original post into Notepad then do a find and replace.
                            Notepad++ is awesome for this. It has a find and replace all function so you can change them all at once.
                            Bored Guy Blog

Comment

But we will still have to edit thousands of posts & photos!!!!! Good to know there is a fix that works for what's out there though.
                              Dave

Comment

Oh hell yeah!!!! Works like a charm.

1) Edit old post with photos
                                2) in edit mode, select all of the text
                                3) copy to clipboard (control C)
                                4) paste into notepad (control V)
                                5) in notepad, under edit open "replace"
                                6) for first box input ".jpg[/img]" This is what you are finding (leave out the quotes)
                                7) in second box, input ".jpg~original[/img]" This is what you are changing all the images to
                                7.5) Edit - forgot this in original post. Click on "replace all", which will apply the ~original fix to all images in that post (not the entire thread, just that post).
                                8) Control A to select all in notepad
                                9) Control X to cut all from notepad back to the clipboard
                                10) Use the mouse to select all of the thread in the edit dialog window in the forum
                                11) Control V to paste the edited thread over what's currently in the edit dialog window.
                                12) PREVIEW the edit to make sure it worked
                                13) Submit the edit if it worked and you are done....

After you do it once, it only takes 10 seconds to do again. The "find & replace" field remains until you close notepad so you only have to type that to edit the first post if you have several you want to fix. It's not as complex as it first sounds when looking at the individual steps. Most of them are intuitive to anyone who has been using keyboard commands on a PC for a while (control v, c, a, etc...)

Awesome find (and this continues to stick it to PHOTO-SUCK-IT as we are once again burning their bandwidth for every fixed image)
                                Last edited by dward51; 09-10-2017, 02:11 PM.
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X