Needle valve help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle valve help

i have a Masterbuilt Pro and install the Bayou Classic regulator that comes with a needle valve and I ran my smoker empty for a while to play with the needle and notice that when i turn it down the valve come back a little like if it was spring loaded and the flame gets bigger when that happen so i can't lower my temp as much as i want.I have a Maverick 733 and can't get the temp to get below 245.I would like to get it to 225.How can i fix that.do i have a defective valve? I read some people say don't use that regulator because is high pressure and some people say get the adjustable regulator without the needle valve but some people say it doesn't work that good and now i don't know what to do .any Help would be great

not sure...may be fuel/air gig issue...check this==https://gassmoker.com/v-burner.htm ....sorry if that don't help...
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

i think i'm getting a new low pressure regulator and add a new needle valve what you guys think

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. Having trouble getting low temps without the flames going out

Comment

I've never done it but seems to me like smaller burner would get you what you want,,, (less/smaller holes making heat).

then you could run a reasonable pressure with less chance of it blowing out...

you could have a burner for full temp cooks and a burner for colder cooks...
          ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
          ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Do you have a picture of your setup? I installed a needle valve inline after my regulator and it works great
            Propane Smoke Shack
            UDS
            Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X