Javelin instant read thermo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javelin instant read thermo?

Anyone have one of these, and if so how do they compare to the thermapen?

Popped up on my facebook ads today with a code for 10% off (TRYJVLN). Ad says 2-3 second read time and 0.9F accuracy, which is the same read time as the thermopen and only 0.2F less accurate. $50 ($45 with the code) with free shipping, instead of $80 for the thermopen. If their claims are true, it's worth the price in my book.

https://lavatools.co/products/javelin-pro-d

Mike
    Life In Pit Row

I'm on my second, broke the first one, works great for me. Pretty accurate. I paid $29 for mine a couple years ago.
    sigpic

Comment

I have one. Very accurate but just a little bit slower than a Thermapen.

Comment

I have read good things about it but have no personal experience...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

I see this is the pro, I don't have that. The one I've got is 24.99 on Amazon. Just search lavatools. Mine is probably a second slower than a thermopen but for $70ish dollars less I can easily put up with that.
          sigpic

Comment

my guess is that Chipotle is the fastest!
            BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
            Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
            I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I did a thread on the original lavatool thermometer about 2.5 years ago. I have one of the originals and it works great.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I think I might pull the trigger on one if I can convince SHMBO that we need another thermometer!

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                I did a thread on the original lavatool thermometer about 2.5 years ago. I have one of the originals and it works great.
                Strange, I thought I did a search for lavatool before I posted and it didn't turn up anything. Or maybe I searched for javelin. Thanks for the link to your thread, definitely good reading.
                Mike
                Life In Pit Row

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on one of these myself. My thermoworks went tits up the other night, so figures I'd better. Got the javelin pro (chipotle) looking forward to giving it a workout.
                  sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Never used one, butt it looks like a worthy tool.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

My Javeline pro came in and I got a chance to play with it a bit.
                      Accuracy is dead on, and speed is quite good(a little faster than the thermoworks I had been using). I love the fact that it is magnetized and now sticks to the fridge instead of rattling about in a drawer.
                      The display is larger than a thermapen, and rights itself whether you are using it right or left handed, or upside down. I also like the fact that it will gibe you a beep when it determines that the temperature reading has stabilized.

So far it's a big to lavatools!
                      sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Working...
                      X