Wedding Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Rings

As part of my reply to Ryan's recent thread "Venison steaks, and a story of why I'm in the dog house" I Mentioned that i do not wear a traditional wedding band for safety reasons. I do wear the one we exchanged on a stainless steel dog tag chain around my neck.

I currently wear a silicone band on my finger. I was planning on putting the website up but i forgot too. Instead of adding it to his thread i figured i would start this one.

http://qalo.com/

Take Care and Be Blessed
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Well, so what you need to do. Details are not as important as the meaning. Those that care really won't care, if ya know what I mean.
    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

I flattened my wedding ring while wearing it. So I started wearing it on a necklace. Jumped in the lake lost both ring and necklace. Those silicone rings are a great idea. I will be getting one soon
      sigpic
      Weber 22.5 kettle
      Smokin in the Smokies
      Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
      Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by fishermanlawncare View Post
        I flattened my wedding ring while wearing it. So I started wearing it on a necklace. Jumped in the lake lost both ring and necklace. Those silicone rings are a great idea. I will be getting one soon
        Yeppers

Safety first, and i like my fingers

sigpic

Comment

No rings working on airplanes for 20 yrs in the Air Force...so when i retired...i put it on...i know the risks...electrical & sliding off airplanes...normally i wear gloves...Louie says my hands ain't old mechanic hands...now the eyeball gig...and yes...my ring with Louie was on my Dog Tags around my neck...
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I used to work with high power RF and laser power supplies...that shit will propagate through air and gold just happens to be an excellent conductor. Mrs. Engineer would mention that every time I left the house I took off my ring...she had no idea what I was up against until I asked her if she wanted me to come back home.

Anymore I work more with mechanical things and my nice gold ring takes a beating since I an a hands on guy. Even when I got it polished, it would be all scratched up rather quickly. So I bought a Tungsten Carbide ring...the new versions look a lot like platinum or white gold and it will not scratch. At. All. It always looks good. Oh, and it was under a hundred bucks too.
            BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
            Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
            I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I too do not wear mine due to occupational hazards. Necklaces either. But when I dress up it comes out. Wife gets it. Had a buddy who had to get one cut off.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                So I bought a Tungsten Carbide ring...the new versions look a lot like platinum or white gold and it will not scratch. At. All. It always looks good. Oh, and it was under a hundred bucks too.
                I was looking at those too. Thx for the report

sigpic

Comment

I got 2, one is a gold wedding ring which I wear cause I have a wimpy job and a metal one that has a built in bottle opener that I wear on special days/nights
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                    I was looking at those too. Thx for the report
                    I bought this one...LINK in a 10 MM width in a size 12. It is a comfort fit band that looks fantastic. I can bang the hell out of it or drag it across some tool steel knurling and it looks as good as it did the day I bought it. If you work with your hands, I am convinced that this is one of the best options for keeping your ring looking good.
                    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I test HVAC in new and renovated buildings. From the nail salon on the corner to the high rise down town. I dont use my hands like i used too, but construction sites are just an accident waiting to happen.

sigpic

Comment

I dont get to wear mine anymore due to new rules enforced at work...
                        After 30 years mine was worn so thin it would bend easily...Still could barely get it off...
                        I still sometimes think that it is lost when I notice its not there...
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

I too have a tungsten ring. Even though hard as hell my jeweler advised me not to wear it to work. (Plumbing, HVAC, Welder) Said, "It still may crush and most medical facilities don't have the means to quickly remove it" Just took his word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 250psd View Post
                            I too have a tungsten ring. Even though hard as hell my jeweler advised me not to wear it to work. (Plumbing, HVAC, Welder) Said, "It still may crush and most medical facilities don't have the means to quickly remove it" Just took his word for it.
                            You will never have that problem with a silicone ring. Just a good razor knife will do

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                              You will never have that problem with a silicone ring. Just a good razor knife will do
                              Plus..you can “shoot” it at SWMBO in times of need...
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                              X