Options besides Photobucket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
    I thought there was a limit on the number of picture you can store here.

I was told amazon also has storage for prime members I am going to check that out as well.
    I've just been uploading to the site for - what 8 years ?
    Something like that. Always works, everyone cans ee them. I do always resize any pics I post online to 800x600 first. Which helps keep down storage and bandwidth.

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
    Well whaddya know...Amazon prime does offer unlimited picture storage. Don't know any more than this or how to link them into Smoked-meat, but it will be worth checking out. https://www.amazon.com/photos/home
    Hmm, have to look into that been prime for couple of years.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I have been using Imgur for some time now. Free. Works very well. I upload the pics full size and just copy the link. Seems to work well. I had been using Google photos, but they changed the length of their URL to gianormous, and apparently this board didn't like it anymore. That's when I went to Imgur.
      A few of my favorite things:
      Good Whiskey
      Good Food
      Bad Girls
      sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
      Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

yep, I've about had it with photophuckit. Tried to upload from the app, says it needs wifi. BS. I tried to upload from the browser and it keeps asking me to log in everytime I hit upload, even though I'm already logged in and can see all my pictures. Between that and all the ads and crap I'm done. I'm ready to find some photosharing software to install on my web server and host my own! Grrr.
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
          yep, I've about had it with photophuckit. Tried to upload from the app, says it needs wifi. BS. I tried to upload from the browser and it keeps asking me to log in everytime I hit upload, even though I'm already logged in and can see all my pictures. Between that and all the ads and crap I'm done. I'm ready to find some photosharing software to install on my web server and host my own! Grrr.
          Mike, if you have a website server, set up a folder under your account, in the background, and store your pics there. When you want to post them, just hit the picture button at the top of your post, and type in the URL where they are stored... bingo.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
            Mike, if you have a website server, set up a folder under your account, in the background, and store your pics there. When you want to post them, just hit the picture button at the top of your post, and type in the URL where they are stored... bingo.
            yeah, but it's a pain that way if I have them on my phone as I have to get them to my computer and ftp them to the server, plus my work blocks ftp traffic so I can only do it when I'm home. I'm thinking finding some type of software I can host on the server that would allow mobile access via an app, plus drag and drop uploading via a browser. Possibly too much to ask for though. I was looking at a piece of software called Gallery v3 that seems like it might work, and even has a 3rd party app, but support for it was dropped a couple years ago so it's probably not secure enough anymore. We'll see what I can turn up I guess. I might just go the imgur route.

on second thought I do have a lan storage drive at home that I can access via the internet, I wonder what it would take to make the images sharable from there. Have to look into that.
            Mike
            Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
              yeah, but it's a pain that way if I have them on my phone as I have to get them to my computer and ftp them to the server, plus my work blocks ftp traffic so I can only do it when I'm home. I'm thinking finding some type of software I can host on the server that would allow mobile access via an app, plus drag and drop uploading via a browser. Possibly too much to ask for though. I was looking at a piece of software called Gallery v3 that seems like it might work, and even has a 3rd party app, but support for it was dropped a couple years ago so it's probably not secure enough anymore. We'll see what I can turn up I guess. I might just go the imgur route.

on second thought I do have a lan storage drive at home that I can access via the internet, I wonder what it would take to make the images sharable from there. Have to look into that.
              Well, I'm old fashioned, and this works great for what I do. I know, there's extra steps involved, butt I don't have to worry aboot no stinkin' apps (I still use a flip phone), and no matter where the technology goes, I believe I'll still be okay. For awhile...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                Well, I'm old fashioned, and this works great for what I do. I know, there's extra steps involved, butt I don't have to worry aboot no stinkin' apps (I still use a flip phone), and no matter where the technology goes, I believe I'll still be okay. For awhile...
                I hear that!
                Mike
                Life In Pit Row

Comment

Maybe on of these might work? Haven't got bored enough to try them out yet so I can't vouch for them as to how well they might work. There are reviews out in the wild for them if you want to check into it more.

Lychee

Piwigo

Zenphoto
                  Last edited by Jailer; 01-03-2017, 05:14 PM.
                  Bored Guy Blog

Comment

me & pb get along fine...Erain smarted me up & all is cool!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Well I installed zenphoto locally in a freebsd jail and it seems to work as intended and linked pics show up on another local site in another jail. Seems pretty easy to use too.
                      Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                        Maybe on of these might work? Haven't got bored enough to try them out yet so I can't vouch for them as to how well they might work. There are reviews out in the wild for them if you want to check into it more.

Lychee

Piwigo

Zenphoto
                        Thanks, I'll check those out!
                        Mike
                        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Another option I just found today looks pretty good. It's called imgbb.com.

Dead simple to use and it's free. You can easily resize as you upload if you choose. They offer a mod for forum integration and I am implementing it on a discussion forum I host today I like it so much.
                          Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                            Another option I just found today looks pretty good. It's called imgbb.com.

Dead simple to use and it's free. You can easily resize as you upload if you choose. They offer a mod for forum integration and I am implementing it on a discussion forum I host today I like it so much.
                            Seems like a great alternative! thanks.
                            Mike
                            Life In Pit Row

Comment

All I use anymore is imgur, photobucket is crap. I've moved all my photos over to imgur.
                              We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel

Comment

On photobucket , adblock plus keeps the ads out . I had used up the free 2.2 gig of space the free version included though, I tried the 15$/year ad free and it seemed to speed PB up. Acct was still full though. Wife found out that if you download the pb app you get another 8 Gs of storage space free. Not sure which helped more butt PB works alot better for me now

Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

Working...
                                X