No announcement yet.

Brining question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have brined poultry of all stripes in both FoodSaver vacuumed bags, Ziplocs, even plain old free soaks in Sterilite containers and to my experience the results are always nearly the same one from another.

Brining under a vacuum has sped up the penetration to a small degree I suppose, but I haven't really had a situation where I forgot to start a brine with at least 24 hours to soak to say doing so would be of benefit if time were fleeting.

Unless I have some aromatics or other chopped ingredients in a brine that require removal I never really do any rinsing to prep birds or bird parts before the cook either, but that is just how I roll with it... YMMV.
    ==============

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Comment

I use a product called "The Briner", fantastic for brining chicken, abt 8 quarts, they also have a larger one for turkey. I did 10 pounds of chicken tenders and another 5 of wings that were separated a few weeks ago. Fits in the fridge with no problem.

I have tried other brines but for the past three plus years I only use Oakridge BBQ brine
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis Copper E310
      VacMaster Pro 260
      2 Mavericks ET732
      Blue Thermapen
      6" & 12" AMNTS
      Q-MATS
      "Yoder YS Pellet Grills (Fan Page)" on Facebook

Comment

To get an extra large egg to float I needed 115g of salt per liter of tap water or ~11.5% salinity

Comment

Working...
        X