Three Cheese Tortellini Fatties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Cheese Tortellini Fatties

Been smokin' fatties for years and lovin' them. But they've always been the breakfast variety. I've seen lots of others on forums that were more suitable for dinner. I vowed to try some years ago, but never got around to it. Until yesterday...

I was standing in the meat dept. of a grocery store wondering what to cook for dinner. Saw some Italian sausage. I like it. What to do with it...besides grill it or put it on pizza. Nearby was a cooler with fresh pasta and Italian cheeses and sauces. Hey now...what if I rolled up the cheeses and fresh pasta in a fatty and drizzle it with some kinda sauce? Bingo! Got some cheese stuffed Tortellini, sausage, more cheese and headed home.

Two pounds of sausage and the cheese shreds. Forgot to include the torts in the pic, but you'll see 'em later.

One of the fatties under construction. Cheeses in place. Sorry, didn't all the pics I intended, but you'll get the idea.

All wrapped and rolled like a couple of big ol' fat candies.

Gave 'em a little chill while I got my fire ready. Then put 'em on the grill.

Bout time to pull 'em.

Shore smells good!!

First cut.

On my plate with a drizzle of Alfredo sauce.

Oh my MY!! It was wonderful!! This one's a keeper!

Thanks for lookin"!
    sigpic
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Viking grill

Oh man that looks goooood!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yeah, that looks like a keeper...Alfredo sauce on the top, OH MY! Yeah I want some of that.
      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

That looks delicious
        Jim

Comment

Smart move to drizzle the sauce. We recently tried the fettuccine Alfredo route and the fatties oozed out most of the sauce. Tortellini was a good and easy choice. We found adding some flat leaf parsley and/or pesto really brings out flavor.

Nice work. And glad to see you over here. I kinda miss the old days of the Q Joint but it seems to have stalled.
          sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Dont look like a first time fattie to me Great job
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Beauty! Real nice
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
                Smart move to drizzle the sauce. We recently tried the fettuccine Alfredo route and the fatties oozed out most of the sauce. Tortellini was a good and easy choice. We found adding some flat leaf parsley and/or pesto really brings out flavor.

Nice work. And glad to see you over here. I kinda miss the old days of the Q Joint but it seems to have stalled.
                Thanks jw. I wanted to put Alfredo inside, but I was pretty sure it would end up outside as yours did. But I'm really diggin' that pesto idea!
                sigpic
                "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
                Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
                UDS, Viking grill

Comment

The tortellini idea was brilliant. Last time I did an Italian fatty, I used pancetta instead of bacon for the outside wrap, just to maintain the Italian theme. That worked out great also. Love the Alfredo sauce, definitely on my HIT list. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hmm someone else does these too..and I’m ashamed I can’t recall..and more ashamed I have not made one. OK dammit..before the snow flies...

Crap..I suppose I have to make the torts too right? I should just go ravioli..I know how to make those

Nice stuff!
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by jbair View Post
                      Last time I did an Italian fatty, I used pancetta instead of bacon for the outside wrap, just to maintain the Italian theme. .
                      Hmm
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That's some nice looking stuff right there.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        KCBS CBJ

Comment

haven't made fatties for ages. But tortelleni fatties are among my favourites
                          :-)
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Cheesus that looks good
                            sigpic
                            Weber 22.5 kettle
                            Smokin in the Smokies
                            Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
                            Jerry

Comment

Working...