I need help with vac-sealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zombini View Post
    maybe I need to drop the FS on the floor when the wife isn't looking.
    Hehe

And- thru the label at that!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
      This is my vote. Thanks for info from another member.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foodsaver-by...oAAOSwjDZYlFGW

Old school made in Italy. vac and seal as fast as you can feed it.
      Replacement strips available.

And a $60.00 it is average price. They fetch more near deer season.

What is interesting is this guy ends up with them from time to time. I think I bought a new in box one from him.

The new food savers are imho junk
      I am with you on this one all the way... I will confess I don't know anything about the new models or Lisa's but when you have something that works so good I have not bothered to look at new stuff.

Originally posted by zombini View Post
      Thank you kindly Rich......I will check out the seal.......my old Weston had a thin seal...I would have to double seal most of the time....maybe I need to drop the FS on the floor when the wife isn't looking.
      z
      Quite possible you wont need to drop it, just wait til you really need it and it will probably do itself in...
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
        Quite possible you wont need to drop it, just wait til you really need it and it will probably do itself in...
        True dat...
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
          True Dat! My FS broke (gears for lid) as I was sealing PP for a catering gig, only 150 folks.

I use a Tilia, from Italy. The "original" food saver. I have three now, one for home, one for camp......and one fer parts!! The parts unit is still intact, soo fer!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
            True Dat! My FS broke (gears for lid) as I was sealing PP for a catering gig, only 150 folks.

I use a Tilia, from Italy. The "original" food saver. I have three now, one for home, one for camp......and one fer parts!! The parts unit is still intact, soo fer!
            That is funny. I like my simple tilia machine so much I have a backup as well. I picked it up on ebay new in box delivered for like 36.00. I was not looking to buy one but I could not help myself.....

Pulls a solid 25 inches of vacuum as fast as I can throw bags at it.

Since I started buying pre-length bags I assembly line my sealing process doing at least 10 bags in a row.

I do like the new chamber machines but really can't justify the $$ for what I do.

Comment

That is funny. I like my simple tilia machine so much I have a backup as well. I picked it up on ebay new in box delivered for like 36.00. I was not looking to buy one but I could not help myself.....

Pulls a solid 25 inches of vacuum as fast as I can throw bags at it.

Since I started buying pre-length bags I assembly line my sealing process doing at least 10 bags in a row.
              Thinkin that where I got the idear! No duty cycle, will suck and seal as long as ya need it to!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Just ordered the Pro 275 and a bunch of bags from Lisa....
                Put in a good word for MadHunky and the rest of the helpful gang around here.
                Lisa was very helpful and friendly over the phone.

Thanks again
                Bill

Comment

Looks like a nice unit. I have ordered bags from Lisa in bulk before. Nice person to deal with.

Another original showed up today on the left coast.

Puzzles me why all the old Tilia machines are in the the northwest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Foo...EAAOSw-0xYksrH

Comment

Looks like a nice unit. I have ordered bags from Lisa in bulk before. Nice person to deal with.

Another original showed up today on the left coast.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Foo...EAAOSw-0xYksrH
                    Snicker.
                    Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post

I hear there's quite the collection in Florida...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Ok got a few PM's asking. I went with the Vacmaster pro 110(Thanks Ryan). 50 dollars and used it about 10 times now. Works fine and I already have gone through the bags that came with it so I will be giving Lisa B a jingle soon for some more.

Comment

Working...
                        X