Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Everything Gardening

Everything Gardening Growing Your Own Veggies Just Got Easier. Feel Free To Post Your Tips And Ideas.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
9 Hey look what I found...
Last Post: Fishawn
Posted On: 02-20-2018
Replies: 17
Views: 130
0 A little time to piddle
Last Post: cowgirl
Replies: 10
Views: 110
0 DDave's Reverse Flow Build
Last Post: DDave
Replies: 77
Views: 1,545
0 Prime Rib
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 20
Views: 231
0 Pork butt on masterbuilt electric
Last Post: GSPhunter_21!
Replies: 12
Views: 151
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,577 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,361 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 651,512 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 08-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Default Wild Mushrooms ID???

I found these in the woods at the hunt camp. There were a lot of them, all growing in soil or leaves - not on wood or roots.
I think they are chanterelle. I've checked them in the Audubon book and Mushrooming Without Fear. Best I can tell they are chanterelle, thought I'd pass the pics by yall that know more about shrooms!

Thanks Folks!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-02-2017, 07:34 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Looks like chanterelle to me. Huey harvests them alot.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Looks like chanterelle to me. Huey harvests them alot.
Goodie, there are a LOT of them!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Old 08-02-2017, 07:38 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Eat one. Chain yerself down in case :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanterelle
Old 08-02-2017, 10:42 PM
Sausage Slinger

dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All
dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All

And if after a few days we have not heard back from Mark, we know to add that one to the "bad" list......

Not a deffinitive answer, but from looking at photos of Changerelle's in Google images, it does appear to be so....
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...80.K1_ni9fX9zY

I did note there are references to a Chanterelle "look-a-like" called the Jack-o-lantern mushroom. It is very deadly. I saw some examples at this site. Scroll down and you will see the info on the Jack-o-lantern.

http://mushroom-collecting.com/mushroomchanterelle.html

Chanterelle is on the right, Jack-o-lantern on the left.

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Last edited by dward51; 08-02-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
And if after a few days we have not heard back from Mark, we know to add that one to the "bad" list......

Not a deffinitive answer, but from looking at photos of Changerelle's in Google images, it does appear to be so....
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...80.K1_ni9fX9zY

I did note there are references to a Chanterelle "look-a-like" called the Jack-o-lantern mushroom. It is very deadly. I saw some examples at this site. Scroll down and you will see the info on the Jack-o-lantern.

http://mushroom-collecting.com/mushroomchanterelle.html

Chanterelle is on the right, Jack-o-lantern on the left.

I looked at that, the Jack O grown on wood or roots, these are in soil and leaves. The stem on the Jack O is also darker and darker in the middle. I think I know what to look for when I get back up there.
Thanks Dave

Old 08-02-2017, 11:31 PM
Barque Berner

This is pretty close to how they were growing,

Thanks for the reference, that was a good one!

Old 08-02-2017, 11:45 PM
Tailgater

HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All
HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All

You are a braver epicurean than I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Sausage Slinger

dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All
dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All

You know, somewhere at some point back in time, someone was walking through the woods and said "self, I think we need to eat those orange looking things". Mushroom are great eating, but what were our ancestors thinking at the time?

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Old 08-03-2017, 11:48 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
You know, somewhere at some point back in time, someone was walking through the woods and said "self, I think we need to eat those orange looking things". Mushroom are great eating, but what were our ancestors thinking at the time?
Probably something similar to the first to eat an oyster onna halfshell
Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Quote:
Prolly someone that was real real hongry and watching what the other critters were eating.

But then there is the scarab.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:37 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
I think that was me...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 08-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Hero, Legend & Good Guy

The Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

I am a member on several Mushroom ID Facebook groups and the link below is for what for most all of us is the Be-All/End-All site for mycological info and identification.

http://www.mushroomexpert.com

You very much do have Chants there by every indication I can see Mark, but here is the main page to begin "keying" them yourself. IMHO there is little there telling me that they are Jack-O's.

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/cantha..._cibarius.html

Finding a local mycology group in your area to inquire further of them is always a good idea as well if you can find one.

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Old 08-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great White North View Post
I am a member on several Mushroom ID Facebook groups and the link below is for what for most all of us is the Be-All/End-All site for mycological info and identification.

http://www.mushroomexpert.com

You very much do have Chants there by every indication I can see Mark, but here is the main page to begin "keying" them yourself. IMHO there is little there telling me that they are Jack-O's.

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/cantha..._cibarius.html

Finding a local mycology group in your area to inquire further of them is always a good idea as well if you can find one.
Cool, Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Everything Gardening