No announcement yet.

Richoso Has Passed - RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying for Gloria and the family. RIP, Rich.
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Comment

An empty hole on The Isle of Misfits, leaving us all sad again. Praying for peace and strength for those in his family and the friends he had here.

Comment

Thanks for all you folks flying Rich's avatar in tribute and in his stead. Does my sad heart good to know he's got many friends here because he was a guy worthy of everyone's friendship.

Something I wrote that seems applicable. I fancy it on my tombstone.

Don't Weep for Me- RT

Don’t weep for me, my time was nigh
        No more than weep for cloudy skies
        as all things in time will pass
        again the sun will kiss the grass

Don’t weep for me- I’ve sang my song
        Some had heard and sang along
        My only hope at this end
        is everyone recalls a friend

Time seems short now, I feel it go
        yet through the years some seemed so slow
        It is so strange how time can fly
        and even stranger to wish it by

To all my loves and all my friends
        don’t weep for me- but in the glens
        and down the roads where life will take you
        Sing a song, and know I thank you
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Thanks for all you folks flying Rich's avatar in tribute and in his stead. Does my sad heart good to know he's got many friends here because he was a guy worthy of everyone's friendship.

Something I wrote that seems applicable. I fancy it on my tombstone.

Don't Weep for Me- RT

Don’t weep for me, my time was nigh
          No more than weep for cloudy skies
          as all things in time will pass
          again the sun will kiss the grass

Don’t weep for me- I’ve sang my song
          Some had heard and sang along
          My only hope at this end
          is everyone recalls a friend

Time seems short now, I feel it go
          yet through the years some seemed so slow
          It is so strange how time can fly
          and even stranger to wish it by

To all my loves and all my friends
          don’t weep for me- but in the glens
          and down the roads where life will take you
          Sing a song, and know I thank you
          Dang Rich, ya got me all teared up bud... that's great!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Sir Richard, amazing thank you for that.
            Much love to Gloria, she has so much on her plate. everyone keep her in your prayers.
            Rich my brother pepperhead! thank you, for EVERYTHING. You have touched my heart and I am so blessed to have known you.
            Ryan and I will be drying some Rich chilis from my chili plant Rich gave me and will be planting new chili plants in my pepperheads honor.
            God speed and give that big old RonP a huge smack right on the cheek from me.
            He will be so missed, I know he is out of pain now and that brings me peace.

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

*SOB*

all i can say................

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

I don't know if I can explain this to you in a way that best describes a "relationship" that Kathy and I had with Rich and Gloria.

In the years that I had grown know Rich and his generous personality we connected on a couple of levels. I was lucky enough to receive some of Rich's pepper seeds. I chose to save the seeds until I could devote the same attention to them that he had and I still have those seeds ready to plant. We exchanged several PM's and finally engaged in some phone calls. I can only imagine how happy Ron P was to have someone this warm calling him and encouraging him to push on.

Rich and I had numerous communications via email and on the phone and finally we met in person at the Pala cookoff. We had the great fortune to have them come to the house for dinner. This was a magical evening. I don't know if I can describe to you the feeling of instant friendship. When the evening was over we all hugged with the understanding that we had just created a lifelong friendship. This was a special bond. Thank you Rich and Gloria for your amazing warmth and love.

I want to thank all of you for taking the time to express your experiences with Rich. These will be sent to Gloria and she and the family will be able to remember Rich's other family.

Thank you all for your support of this amazing friend
                Scarbelly

Comment

Rest in peace, Rich

My thoughts and prayers are with Rich's family and friends.

I didn't know Rich, but the comments on these pages speak volumes about how highly he was regarded by our community. Truly moving to read how he touched so many lives.
                  sigpic

Comment

Rest in Peace kind sir. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the help you gave this newbie. Give Ron a hug for me. Though I never had the opportunity to meet Rich or Gloria they somehow feel like family.

Grief is the price we pay for love. Blessings to you Gloria.

Comment

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
                      Godspeed my friend and prayers go out to your loved ones.

Like to see his avatar enshrined here somehow. Perhaps the August contest could be an annual event and named after him with the winner getting to carry his avatar as a trophy. Just a thought.
                      Originally posted by Seboke View Post
                      What a great idea. A teriffic honor for a teriffic man.
                      Originally posted by ganny76 View Post
                      2nd!!!!

I have had something mothballed for about a year.. I will tell more here soon..
                      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

That is very sad news indeed.

It is also ironic that just one year ago today on Sept. 1, 2010 that Ronp passed away.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gloria and the rest of Rich's family...

He will be sorely missed by all of us he touched...

RIP my friend...

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                          I have had something mothballed for about a year.. I will tell more here soon..
                          In regards to displaying Richoso's avatar recently, I respect all that chose to do it. I chose not to simply because I only had interaction with Rich only once or twice on this or other forums & did not feel worthy.

As far as a 'trophy' goes for the winner of the monthly challenge etc, I believe this to be a good idea.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                          Paul

Comment

I remember when I was the head guy in charge of the throwdowns over at SMF and I had to disqualify Richoso's entry because he did not include a picture of the code word in his entry. I felt horrible breaking the news to him because he had obviously spent a lot of time on it. He told me not to worry about it, it was his own fault for not following the directions, and he totally understood. I know for a fact that he would have won, and in my heart he did.
                            Brad

UDS
                            Weber spirit
                            Weber kettle
                            Ultrafast Black Thermapen

KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                            X