This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
    The guy saved some bucks by doing it himself... cool! Production units? Prolly not. I see no problem here.
    You don’t manufacture anything for sale either.

And how about the other 12,000 people seeing this and deciding to build one instead of buying?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
      Necessity is the mother of all inventions..
      Well..it’s the mother of something. In this case..NOT an invention
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        Just curious what kind of materials it was made oot of? Does/did it say on the can you used? I think the process/idea is awesome, butt have heard certain metals and coatings can potentially be hazardous when exposed to heat. Not doubting your fabrications at all. Just curious, and looking oot for the health and safety of all.

I AM NOT the smoker safety police, and DO NOT pretend to be such, just curious what materials were used, so others can make decisions based on your information.

It was bead blasted and burned off to bare metal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

What? I can't make my own fireworks???

Originally posted by Richtee View Post

And how about the other 12,000 people seeing this and deciding to build one instead of buying?
          So, you're saying you don't want us following your example & making our own incendiary devices???

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
          Paul

Comment

The guy saved some bucks by doing it himself... cool! Production units? Prolly not. I see no problem here.
            Originally posted by Richtee View Post

Me thinks this got blown oot of proportion Rich. Sorry to ruffle feathers. No, I do not manufacture anything except BBQ.

And I doubt that 12,000 other folks will do this. I'm a tinkerer kinda guy, and love to do things that save me money. Period. No harm done here that I can see... The inventor of said product has nothing to worry aboot.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
              So, you're saying you don't want us following your example & making our own incendiary devices???
              I’m saying.. nothing other than what I said. An opinion. From a manufacturer’s point of view. Alternate points of view are a good thing typically. Well.. sometimes.

Sooo/... carry on.

Comment

Sorry to ruffle feathers.
                You only ruffled one set of feathers that I can tell.
                Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                  You only ruffled one set of feathers that I can tell.
                  Well, feathers are feathers... once in awhile, shit's gonna get ruffled...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Well, feathers are feathers... once in awhile, shit's gonna get ruffled...
                    It’s all good.. I think I’m gonna get Todd here to tell just what he’s had to go thru recently. Just for perspective. And Bill.

I’m not against the guy building a mock up. But it should be kept on the DL..not a whole thread on it’s construction posted.

AGAIN..MY OPINION. You are welcome to disagree. I’m running low on targets anyway

Comment

The original maze and their pellets can be found very reasonably on their site and Amazon, no need to knock off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never had any luck getting the maze to stay lit. I have both the maze and the tube smoker. The tube smoker worked a lot better until the holes plugged up. Pain in the butt checks to clean them out but it can be done to make it work again like new. The maze always stopped burning about 1\4-1\2 done.

PBC Drum Smoker
                        Bradley Digital 4 Rack
                        THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
                        Miss Piggy Smoker
                        Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

OP, Sir, if your shallow on funds I'll buy you a amazn tray as a gift. No repayment ever needed. Merry Christmas !!!. Pm me if you are interested.

Comment

Funny thing is....

If I take my lunch to work for a couple of days I could buy a brand new one.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/category_s/12.htm

$24.00 I already have the 6x6 maze.

Side note I dont make my lunch. But I will share another thought. I use this process on many DIY projects that i used to do. if the cost of materials and my labor exceed the cost of buying a manufactured product. I buy the manufactured product all day long.
                            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                              Funny thing is....

If I take my lunch to work for a couple of days I could buy a brand new one.
                              I will share another thought. I use this process on many DIY projects that i used to do. if the cost of materials and my labor exceed the cost of buying a manufactured product. I buy the manufactured product all day long.
                              BAM right there. Mr. Salt you nailed it.

Sent from my A573VC using Tapatalk
                              sigpic
                              Weber 22.5 kettle
                              Smokin in the Smokies
                              Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
                              Jerry

Comment

I hear ya, Rich... it if we followed your logic, this entire site should be shut down. I’ve certainly shared ideas, builds, and processes that I could have kept to myself...hell, I’m sure someone has taken those ideas and hopefully made a $1M! Cuz I didn’t! Smoke generator...Coon Azz Microwavee...WOK...etc.
                                ... as has BBQ E!

I guess the way I look at this sitch(teeanage daughters here) is this: 1 out of a 1000 people actaully have the where with all to do something with anthing.

Where would we be if no one shared anything?

I F’ing hate folks who won’t share recipes....so build designs falls into that same category for me.

Sorry, Boss - I just do t see a problem here.
                                I am jacked up on the IPA!
                                Last edited by WALLE; 12-15-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X