Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Problems here! How long can cooked meat sit at room temp before its bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
    The suspense is killing me
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZomO7IV7lx8[/yt]
    I just tried some for supper which leads me to my next question. How long does it take for food poisoning to set in????
    Propane Smoke Shack
    UDS
    Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
    sigpic

Comment

Within 12 hours usually. Sometimes longer...up to a day, and if yer not puking now, yer half way home ;{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Eat it now
        or send it to me so I can
        2-22.5'' weber
        1-18'' weber
        1 smokey joe
        22.5'' wsm
        24'' smoke vault
        1-outhouse
        Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
        Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
          I just tried some for supper which leads me to my next question. How long does it take for food poisoning to set in????
          If you on good veggie diet with proper supplement and exercise....I would say after first cup o coffee in morning you will know.... .

Comment

Be allright...You'll know if ya hafta walk like a Penguin....gettin to the Bog...
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Here is how I see it...If we dont hear from you soon then we will know what the correct answer is....

I woulda eaten it too
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Ok I did not write this....
                first, yep I wouldda put it back in the fridge and then ate it..... but thats me and it is prime rib...

the pizza gig.. oh yes been there done that.. no issues..

I also work with and are friends with a certain ethinic group of folks who do this all day long... the wives will get up early and make dinner before work, leave the food out all day long (on the stove) and peeps eat as they come and go... no issues.. are their tummies a wee bit different? perhaps.. I dunno?? I just know its something I wouldnt do for sure.. but it works for them... just sayin' I have hadfood poisining one time, at a wedding reception.. and so did everyone else.. it was pork ribs and I am pretty sure they were not cooked correctly in the frist place... but that is just my .02....
                and there are no pix of this post so it didn't happen!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Please no pic's of the after effects if it didn't work out, hmm, come out, ugh. turn out well for ya. I'm guilty of this and ate the food myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                    I would eat it, hell remember when we were kids the pizza always stayed out on the counter all night and hell maybe the next day and no one got sick right? Any one else used to leave their pie out like that?
                    I do it all the time. Hotel fridges are really small. Far to small for a large pizza box. You CAN fold it up and fit it but wheres the fun in that?

When's the last time someone got sick from eating something from their kitchen? Serious question. I say your answer lies within.

It would been gone before I could even ask the question whether it was safe or not. Roast Beef Ortega Chile & Cheese omelette's all around,,, Anyone gets sick, I'd just blame it on the cheese. But thats me....
                    sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

Originally posted by DangerDan View Post
                      I do it all the time. Hotel fridges are really small. Far to small for a large pizza box. You CAN fold it up and fit it but wheres the fun in that?

When's the last time someone got sick from eating something from their kitchen? Serious question. I say your answer lies within.

It would been gone before I could even ask the question whether it was safe or not. Roast Beef Ortega Chile & Cheese omelette's all around,,, Anyone gets sick, I'd just blame it on the cheese. But thats me....
                      The only time I ever got sick was from eating bad hamburger meat that i knew damn well smelled bad but i didnt want to waste 3 bucks lol so i figured i would cook it nice and hot and it wood be ok in sloppy joes right? Wrong and i will never chance that shit again that was bad!!!

Comment

How long does it take for food poisoning to set in????
                        Had some leftover spinach dip that my dumbass SIL, unbeknownst to me, made at home then did not keep properly chilled on the 4 hour drive to my house for Easter. It was probably close to being over the edge on that day. I had a bit on one chunk of bread the next day at about 4 pm.

The next morning around 2 am I was puking my guts out. Spent pretty much all the next day between the bed and the bathroom.

If you make it through the night and feel like eating breakfast you're probably in good shape.

Dave
                        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                        UDS 1.0
                        Afterburner
                        Weber Performer
                        Blue Thermapen
                        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                        Auber Smoker Controller
                        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                        -
                        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Gotta tell this story. Was on my Harley and got some bad clams. Spent a night at my bros house bein sick. left @ about three am, went to a 24 hour rite aid. and got the Imodium/Pepto bloody mary. Drank it on the side of the road. Some damn drunk sleepin in a doorway started yellin, "light er up". Felt like shit, but I smoked that rear tire down Santa Monica Blvd. With that drunks up turned thumb in my review. I was grinnin for the next hour, despite the pain. Hope it all works out well for you. But I think yer fine. 8 hours will tell the tale. Yer gonna wake up and make some killer breakfast.
                          JT

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                            Had some leftover spinach dip that my dumbass SIL, unbeknownst to me, made at home then did not keep properly chilled on the 4 hour drive to my house for Easter. It was probably close to being over the edge on that day. I had a bit on one chunk of bread the next day at about 4 pm.

The next morning around 2 am I was puking my guts out. Spent pretty much all the next day between the bed and the bathroom.

If you make it through the night and feel like eating breakfast you're probably in good shape.

Dave
                            Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                            Gotta tell this story. Was on my Harley and got some bad clams. Spent a night at my bros house bein sick. left @ about three am, went to a 24 hour rite aid. and got the Imodium/Pepto bloody mary. Drank it on the side of the road. Some damn drunk sleepin in a doorway started yellin, "light er up". Felt like shit, but I smoked that rear tire down Santa Monica Blvd. With that drunks up turned thumb in my review. I was grinnin for the next hour, despite the pain. Hope it all works out well for you. But I think yer fine. 8 hours will tell the tale. Yer gonna wake up and make some killer breakfast.
                            Geez..spinach and then clams....Hoping most folk liken me thought meat was cooked....Spinach type deal like clams are bad from begin...The again...chespeake oysters have been known too..

Comment

you guys are fucking scary.........first off ain't no way I"M going to eat anything that's left out overnight. and what the hell is wrong with you guys that say i won't give it to anyone else but "I'LL" eat it! WTF is wrong with you ........are you into self mutilation as well? that's like telling yer son it might not be a good idea to mess with crabby crabs candy but then you go ahead and do it. while you might not turn green and hurl i'm sure your wifey will not apreciate the "bear paws" left in yer underwear.........and becareful with those "sharts"!
                              sigpic
                              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                                Geez..spinach and then clams....Hoping most folk liken me thought meat was cooked....Spinach type deal like clams are bad from begin...The again...chespeake oysters have been known too..
                                Yeah, I see your point, different bugs and risk factors for sure . . . BUT it sure makes me want to err on the side of caution. I sure don't want to go through that again.

Dave
                                CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                                UDS 1.0
                                Afterburner
                                Weber Performer
                                Blue Thermapen
                                Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                                Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                                Auber Smoker Controller
                                Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                                -
                                "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X