Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Problems here! How long can cooked meat sit at room temp before its bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
    you guys are fucking scary.........first off ain't no way I"M going to eat anything that's left out overnight. and what the hell is wrong with you guys that say i won't give it to anyone else but "I'LL" eat it! WTF is wrong with you ........are you into self mutilation as well? that's like telling yer son it might not be a good idea to mess with crabby crabs candy but then you go ahead and do it. while you might not turn green and hurl i'm sure your wifey will not apreciate the "bear paws" left in yer underwear.........and becareful with those "sharts"!

Originally posted by bbally View Post
    You got lucky that is all..... fuckin stupid thing to do IMO.

And I mean this is the supportive kinda of way.
    more

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
    Eating potentially hazardous foods that have knowingly been subjected to temp abuse is like playing Russian Roulette. Sometimes you win. But that one time you lose......
    deserves , used my 2 scale clicks on this one post...
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
      why not?
      is it safe?
      probably not.
      I think you just answered your own question.

did I die? no... just had the shits for a bit.
      Hmm . . . sounds fun.

Maybe it's just me, but I try and avoid ingesting things that might give me the shits.

Dave
      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
      UDS 1.0
      Afterburner
      Weber Performer
      Blue Thermapen
      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
      Auber Smoker Controller
      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
      -
      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

This is going nowhere good i can see that lol

Comment

will you marry me? lol

Later,
          Andy
          Sure thing! But my guess is with the shit we eat we'll be dead in about a month!

Comment

My brother heads over to maryland to some big oyster fest every year. He got some bad ones before. Seen pictures of him all pale with black circled eyes.

Originally posted by ALX View Post
            Geez..spinach and then clams....Hoping most folk liken me thought meat was cooked....Spinach type deal like clams are bad from begin...The again...chespeake oysters have been known too..

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
              My brother heads over to maryland to some big oyster fest every year. He got some bad ones before. Seen pictures of him all pale with black circled eyes.
              Yeah....Me old mum steered us clear of oysters,clams from settled waters....remember seeing the beds near boston harbor in old days when the city's shit was pumped out in that water/beds...Folks loved that chit though....

The bestest oysters round here are from bay which mixes with atlantic and little polution...I still hit them oyster bake deals me buddy throws...I know where dhat chit comes from.... Then again they are filters of water and....

Was a silly thread from a "professional" point of view....Obviously we all agree(i hope) meat has strict protocol in handling...thats one reason i would never be a KCBS etc. judge....Folks like us are serious,but anybody can pay the entry fee etc...
              Last edited by ALX; 12-28-2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                Naw, what's wrong with a little food safety arguement among friends?

Pretty tame compared to some I've seen.

I just hope we didn't chase rbranstner away.

Dave
                UDS 1.0
                Afterburner
                Weber Performer
                Blue Thermapen
                Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                Auber Smoker Controller
                -

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                  Naw, what's wrong with a little food safety arguement among friends?

Pretty tame compared to some I've seen.

I just hope we didn't chase rbranstner away.

Dave
                  Nope I'm still here. Just reading through the new posts thinking to myself what did I get myself into??? I should have just kept my big mouth shut. haha
                  Note added to my logs for next time. "Don't forget the meat on the counter over night then you won't get a bunch of grief from your smoking buddies."
                  Propane Smoke Shack
                  UDS
                  Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I try and avoid ingesting things that might give me the shits.

Dave
                    try not to drink schlitz beer.
                    brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                    18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                    cast iron Hibachi
                    22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                    & rotisserator
                    12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                    stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                    Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                    http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                    my music recordings-
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
                      Nope I'm still here. Just reading through the new posts thinking to myself what did I get myself into??? I should have just kept my big mouth shut. haha
                      Note added to my logs for next time. "Don't forget the meat on the counter over night then you won't get a bunch of grief from your smoking buddies."
                      Actually...you admitted it...I have done it.....Not on purpose etc...

Does get comical though when you think what people eat everyday from folk that dont wash hands,speak the language,etc....I think i have eaten out 5 times in last 10 years and i dont care who is cooking the crap....

Good to have folk though that keep it strict on internet site....Folks...please wash your hands after restroom(not a joke)....

Comment

Whats worse: Pitching a few bucks worth of suspect meat, or good quality family time consisting of explosive anal vomiting in the bathtub, while your wife is dying on the shitter, and your kid just yaked in the sink. Unless you are into that sort of thing. Just another happy thought on the matter.
                        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
                          try not to drink schlitz beer.
                          Well, there are the occasional things . . . you know . . . like chili, burrittos . . .

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                          I guess Pandy was right.

Dave
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          -

Comment

I avoided opening this thread because I knew where it would go but it JUST KEPT COMING UP! So here is my 2cents!

My wife is HORRIBLE at putting any left overs away. As in it never happens. Most times I will throw it away in the morning because I am not a left overs kind of guy. HOWEVER, if it is something I actually want to eat and I cooked it, I will likely eat it for breakfast or lunch and throw away whats left. I keep a clean kitchen and wash my hands so much its almost a problem. I have been doing it since I was a kid and have NEVER been sick(Knock on wood until my knuckles bleed)

HOWEVER(again) I also worked in a pizzeria for 4 years and am aware of practices that are acceptable on that level. I was VERY strict on dating my products and ensuring my employees did it as well. I threw away more food than all other employees combined. Also, we were allowed legally to leave pizza by the slice out for 4 hours on a rack. We threw it out after 2 hours, 3 on a miserably slow day. Plus I don't trust ANYONE in general.

I don't think anyone in this forum has much real life scientific experience involving this sort of thing so it boils down to what we know combined with common sense, and common sense is a matter of opinion. If you are a dirty person and you have dirty practices, your leftovers are going to be more dangerous than mine irregardless of the fridge. (if you do have experience don't get all pissed off, this just a point of view)

SO, is it safe? Clearly not as safe as it was 12 hours before. The bigger question for me is how safe were YOU in preparing your food and maintaining your preparation environment?

Comment

Well, there are the occasional things . . . you know . . . like chili, burrittos . . .
                              Dave
                              try livin' off abt's,beer,& coffee for 3 days..
                              who needs freakin metamucil to stay regular....
                              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                              cast iron Hibachi
                              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                              & rotisserator
                              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                              my music recordings-
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by ijusthvit View Post
                                I don't think anyone in this forum has much real life scientific experience involving this sort of thing
                                Perhaps you haven't met bbally??

Smoked-Meat.com Member #12, professional chef, ServSafe trainer, HAACP certified, curing expert, electrical engineer etc, etc?

I'm pretty sure he has some of that "real life scientific experience" involving food safety that you are assuming no one here has.

I'm sure there are several others as well.

Dave
                                Last edited by DDave; 12-28-2010, 07:24 PM.
                                UDS 1.0
                                Afterburner
                                Weber Performer
                                Blue Thermapen
                                Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                                Auber Smoker Controller
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X