A blanket apology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQWIB View Post
    Need some help with a recipe I am working on, I feel like this is missing something... any idea?

Smoked Meat. com Forum Inspired Chili.
    • ½ cup lima beans
    • ½ cup wax bean
    • ¼ cup Mushrooms
    • 2 Raw tomatoes
    • 2 tablespoons Cilantro
    • Last weeks Sushi
    • two over ripe Peaches
    • aged apricots
    • ½ cup Liver, warmed at room temperature several hours, sunlight is better.
    • 1 cup Rice
    • ½ cup Broccoli
    • 4 Brussel Sprouts
    • 1 cup cauliflower

Mix everything in a food processor, cook for 12 hours, chill and serve cold with a spoon, garnish with green beans and rice.

Beverage options V-8 or warm Dinkelacker
    Yes you are missing the most vile of the vile. Okra, boiled..um gagging..
    Weber Smoky Joe
    18" Weber Silver
    22.5" Weber Gold
    22.5" Weber Silver
    UDS X 2
    Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
    Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
    Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
    Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
    Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
    Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
    Blackstone three burner flat top
    5" AMZNPS
    Vortex x 2
    Maverick ET 73
    Maverick ET 732
    Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
    Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
    Pitmaster iQue 110
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
      Rich, Christmas is coming. ...
      Copy that, Mark. i think this may have been a preemptive measure so he doesnt get mystery cases of green beans on his door step for Christmas again this year.
      Mike
      Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
      POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
      Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Originally posted by tenacious bee View Post
        Yes you are missing the most vile of the vile. Okra, boiled..um gagging..
        Just leave the okra on my doorstep. I can eat it boiled or fried or in okra salad with onions and tomatoes with bacon bits or steamed and really slick on top of a pot of fresh black eyed peas sprinkled with hot pepper vinegar. Goes down a split second faster than a raw oyster.
        sigpic
        It's Better When Cooked in the Backyard and Served on the Porch
        A man just can't have to many toys..
        Akorn smoker

Comment

Nnnnnnnnasty!!
          Weber Smoky Joe
          18" Weber Silver
          22.5" Weber Gold
          22.5" Weber Silver
          UDS X 2
          Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
          Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
          Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
          Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
          Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
          Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
          Blackstone three burner flat top
          5" AMZNPS
          Vortex x 2
          Maverick ET 73
          Maverick ET 732
          Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
          Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
          Pitmaster iQue 110
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tenacious bee View Post
            Nnnnnnnnasty!!
            Yeah, I know. Had I been introduced to okra late in life I may not have eaten it. It's best for someone to have it actually fried as in blackened to start with. That is not slick but crispy. Then a simple soup made with fresh tomatoes, onions, and chopped okra. The acid in the tomato neutralizes the base in the okra. Okra is green but sort of pickled crisp. Hot spicy pickled okra is a favorite pickle of mine too. On the health side of things okra provides a lot of healthy type of fiber so I've been told. In ancient Egypt okra was revered as a love potion like raw oysters are today by some. Choosing between pig candy and okra, I gotta go with okra.
            sigpic
            Akorn smoker

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlingiron View Post
              Love raw oysters, escargot, uni, beef carpaccio, steak tartar, all kinds of liver, sauted, chopped, pate, braunschweiger, just about any kind of bean, all kinds of greens, most any wild game, sushi, sashimi, squid, octopus, anchovies... there just isn't much I don't like. But I just can't gag down a raw tomato.
              Heh, wasn't expecting a raw tomato to cause any trouble after that list. But I get the texture thing. My son will eat spaghetti sauce but hates the spaghetti -- and most other pasta. Spaghetti is his sister's favorite dinner. She can't stand rice. One hates raw carrots but likes cooked. The other is the opposite. I can't even keep them straight on that. Fun times trying to fix something for dinner that the whole family likes.

Dave
              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
              -
              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Some things just refuse to die or ride off peacefully into the sunset.
                Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Glad to see this thread reappear.

I have a very flexible palate, I'll try almost anything, and like most of it... except bugs. I ain't eating bugs. Or Haggis. I just recentLee found that I like Limburger cheese. Hated it as a kid. Love it now... might have something to do with people disappearing when I open it. I like the alone time...

And beans ARE in me chili... sorry Texas, y'all don't know what yer missin'...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Some things just refuse to die or ride off peacefully into the sunset.
                    I always find it interesting how these things can lie dormant for a few years and then suddenly come roaring back to life.
                    A few of my favorite things:
                    Good Whiskey
                    Good Food
                    Bad Girls
                    sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
                    Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlingiron View Post
                      I always find it interesting how these things can lie dormant for a few years and then suddenly come roaring back to life.
                      Heh..well, some of them deserve to be seen by the new folks... and some are just plain good and hi-larry-us!
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

A blanket apology

Chili is just one of those meals that has thousands of iterations.

I use the family recipe from my grandmother. She was the best cook I ever knew. She was born in 1902 in PA.

As a matter of fact, I picked up Chilli fixins today for this weekend. And yes, I included kidney beans.
                        Pete
                        Large BGE
                        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Heh..well, some of them deserve to be seen by the new folks... and some are just plain good and hi-larry-us!
                          H,mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                          Chili is just one of those meals that has thousands of iterations.

I use the family recipe from my grandmother. She was the best cook I ever knew. She was born in 1902 in PA.

As a matter of fact, I picked up Chilli fixins today for this weekend. And yes, I included kidney beans.
                          I got kidney beans in the on deck circle now. I've been told more than once that I needed more fiber in my diet. Any hoot I've never made it but have a recipe hid somewhere for chili with grape jelly. Doubt I ever make it because the last thing I need is more sugar in my diet....

BTW, I don't put okra in my chili. That must be fried on the side. Must be good it rhymes.
                          Last edited by BrisketJunkie; 11-20-2014, 08:32 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Akorn smoker

Comment

I LOVE those flat Italian green beans cooked with some home cured bacon and garlic. OMG.
                            ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Originally posted by Bama BBQ View Post
                              I LOVE those flat Italian green beans cooked with some home cured bacon and garlic. OMG.
                              Especially with a few small "New Potatoes" too.
                              sigpic
                              Akorn smoker

Comment

Originally posted by Bama BBQ View Post
                                Originally posted by BrisketJunkie View Post
                                Especially with a few small "New Potatoes" too.
                                Now we talkin green beans, but fresh not canned!
                                Mark
                                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                                X