No announcement yet.

High Blood Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although you all may think I'm a medical doctor or surgeon with my mad cockspatching skills, but I suggest exercise also. I walk and jog 25-40 minutes a day, 5 or more days a week for the past 2.5 years. Its a great way to help keep BP in check and weight under control. And if I didn't have this fondness for beer n Q I would have my weight under control...lol... I am typing this as I walk... Just grab my Crackberry and out the door I go, logged on to Smoked-Meat
    sigpic

Comment

Blood pressure is nothing to mess with. I take Cozar and Lasix for mine...

Comment

I have a doc appt. tomorrow. They couldn't get me in today, but said if I had any chest pains to go to the ER. I'm gonna take it easy tonite. I'm a little freaked out actually. Kind of a shocker.

Comment

Take it easy Cheryl. Glad you are going in.
          sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=SOB;210367]
            Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
            I have high blood pressure and take Lisinopril daily for it.

Lc,
            are you taking Lisinopril or Lisinopril HCT? I was on the HCT and it raised my uric acid so high I developed Gout. Horrible stuff that Gout. After finally getting my Doc to listen and stop blowing my symptoms off as "you are overweight" he put me on the regular Lisinopril and Uloric. The uric acid is coming down nicely and I feel so much better and am more active. I have lost 45 pounds so far. Just trying to give a friend a heads up for symptoms.
            Sorry for hyjackin the thread squirrel....you NEED to get to a hospital NOW!
            A stroke is something nobody wants to deal with!
            Take care and heed the warnings!

SOB
            I just checked and it is the HCTZ and I've been experiencing gout like syptoms now that you mention it. Thought it was old age or winter blahs. Thanx for the heads up and again sorry about the hijack.
            sigpic

GOSM/propane
            UDS (Cam)/lump
            22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
            Weber Genesis/propane
            Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Glad to hear you got an appointment. Like everyone said it's nothing to fool with.
              A couple things I got to mention, one is if you checked you BP at one of them machines you find in grocery or drug stores, they are almost always wrong. and two, if you're worried about your BP being high, the stress and anxiety will raise it.
              Also simple things like being dehydrate will raise it as well as coffee drinking.
              Relax and try not to worry about it till ya see the doctor.
              sigpic

Comment

Cut your salt intake and avoid cafine etc. until then. I have high BP and Congestive heart failure (froma virus). I have been there, they told me when you start approaching close to 200 for the high number and 120's for low you can also have a heart attack.

Take care of yourself Cheryl! You have a A-MAZE-N-SMOKER to win right?
                Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                Yoder Wichita
                Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Hang in there Cheryl. I can't tell you much about high blood pressure as mine has always been on the low side of normal. I've got enough other bad shit to keep you busy for years, just not the blood pressure. My advice is to keep the phone close to your bed tonight and hope everything is OK tomorrow.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I am havin a hell of time getting mine under control, I've had mine jump to the levels you quoted. They won't tell you this over the phone, but aspirin is now pretty standard 1st aid for your symptoms. If you have any stomach issues at all though, stay away from the asprin, as ulcers can also cause some of the symptoms you've described, ie heart flutters and chest/back/shoulder pain which in turn can jack up your BP. If you've got some enteric coated aspirin, as little as 81mg can provide some measure of protection. And if you have any doubts go ahead to the ER, it's not a big deal to let them have a look at you, cause that's where they keep the good drugs All gonna be fine sweetie.
                    JT

Comment

Being the Knot Head that I am...I know first hand dehydration can cause HBP...& symptoms described...I typically drink 3 guarts of water daily...At 57 I ain't on nooo med's...Thank Ya Jesus...asprin or advil is it...Uhhh...no caffiene fer me...1 small cup in the morning is it...
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I know that my thoughts are with ya, bigtime.
                        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Honey, that's like playin with electricity in the rain. Everyone said it all spot-on, and I'm glad you set up an appointment.
                          Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
                          Weber Performer
                          Weber 22.5" OTG
                          Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
                          Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
                          Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
                          BBQ Food Truck

Comment

In the meantime throw them pics of pop pop in his speedo out the window.
                            you don't need to be exciting yourself unnecessarily.

And remember we all love a little squirrel now and then
                            2-22.5'' weber
                            1-18'' weber
                            1 smokey joe
                            22.5'' wsm
                            24'' smoke vault
                            1-outhouse
                            Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                            Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Heart

I road in a ambulance for 9.5. Years,,,, we would be hauling you in ALS,,,, good luck

Comment

Plug in the volcano,its 4:20 in 2 hrs 8 minutes . I bet that'll bring down the BP till morning.

Good luck tomorrow.

I was on 3 BP meds, but dropped one and working on dropping the other two asap.

Breathe deep, and relax, then turn off the volcano, go to sleep.
                                Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Working...
                                X