Another Hot Sauce Recipe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Hot Sauce Recipe...

With all the talk about Brian's excellent PO Boys and the sauce conversation that went on, I figured I'd throw this out there.

I got this recipe from a friend who got it from a friend and I must say, we really like it. The great part is that it's very easy and doesn't take a lot of parts that are out of the ordinary. My kids and I love this as it reminds me of a old hot sauce my Dad used to buy at shows called Arizona Gunslinger. I might also add, a few drops on a Cheez It Cracker just might make you eat the box if you're a pepperhead. That's what I did with the Gunslinger.

I will say, if you like or dislike the taste of Frank's Hot Sauce, that will be the determining factor here.

Here's the recipe I got as written:

"Cornshuckers Hot Sauce

I think ive posted it before but the sauce i make everyone that tries it says its the best tbey have ever had. Nit trying to cart wheel but heres the recipe. The hottness depends on the habaneros.. sometimes its hot as shit and others its not.

10-12 habenaros
    2 large bottles of Franks hot sauce.
    10 garlic cloves
    Half an onion
    Teaspoon or so of chili powder (edit ....maybe Smitty's )
    Teaspoon or so of smoked paprika
    Couple of shakes of italian seasoning

Chop the peppers, onion, and garlic. Mix everything in a pot and simmer for about an hour and a half adding water as needed.

Puree at the end to get rid of the chunks. Rebottle in original bottles.

For wing sauce add butter.

I think MJN makes a similar sauce hes the one that inspired this one."

Edit....sorry, Po was spelled checked to Pop I missed it....
    Last edited by Abelman; 06-13-2017, 04:52 PM.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Interesting Pete...I never considered starting with something like Franks and jacking it up with other flavors...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
      Interesting Pete...I never considered starting with something like Franks and jacking it up with other flavors...
      Yea, that was kinda baffling me. Flavors sound good!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Hey whatever gets ya to where you want to end up...

It's not like he cooked it in the SV or anything like that
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          Hey whatever gets ya to where you want to end up...

It's not like he cooked it in the SV or anything like that
          Just spit my vodka on the tablet. So funny.
          sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Just finished 2 batches, 1 Habanero and 1 Ghost pepper. What an awesome result! Fabuolous recipe, thanks!

Just a side note, added a couple of dashes of Woostah sauce, added a little bite.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Jerryklimczuk; 06-18-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Interesting approach, and thanks for the recipe! I like the ingredients, butt I'll swap oot the Franks with Secret Aardvark.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                With all the talk about Brian's excellent PO Boys and the sauce conversation that went on, I figured I'd throw this out there.

I got this recipe from a friend who got it from a friend and I must say, we really like it. The great part is that it's very easy and doesn't take a lot of parts that are out of the ordinary. My kids and I love this as it reminds me of a old hot sauce my Dad used to buy at shows called Arizona Gunslinger. I might also add, a few drops on a Cheez It Cracker just might make you eat the box if you're a pepperhead. That's what I did with the Gunslinger.
                I love Az Gunslinger sauce... That stuff is grate on scrambled eggs or an omelet in the morning... Not too hot though.
                That recipe looks to be just a wee bit hotter & worth saving, thanks Pete...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                Paul

Comment

So, I'm going to reprise this a bit. This sauce is Excellent and my boys love it as I do.

To go back to the roots of this, we used to get a sauce called Arizona Gunslinger when we went to outdoor shows and what not. Way before the internet days.

I always loved the sauce and one of my favorite deals that I accidentally discovered was the Gunslinger on some Cheezit crackers. Bachelor days make for interspersing meals

Well, with this sauce, it's pretty much like the Gunslinger I remembered. So, I tried it on my cheezits. It's pretty much the same. Showed my boys and the oldest called it Crack. He's actually a 4.0 honors student and not a druggie. But, he is right. I am eating it now and the good thing, you can't eat it too fast but you can eat a lot.

Maybe it's just us but I'm throwing it out there to any crack addicts.

Pete
                  Large BGE
                  Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

There is Arizona Gunslinger in my fridge as I type. Always is. Good stuff... Thanks Pete!
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                    X