Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Blast from the Past

A blast from the past for me.
    I was talking to Rich and telling him about these luncheons I did and how people remembered them. The one thing people remembered more than anything was the little bottles of Tabasco.
    These are the only pics and parts of the post I have left of this luncheon from 2010.

Chili Luncheon

Did a cook for 35 men at a business luncheon meeting. Cooked smoked brisket chili, ABT's, and cornbread. Baked 40 green and 40 red Jalapeno cornbread pepper sticks, large pan of regular corn bread, and 80 ABT's.

Each of the 3 round tables had one of these setups in the center for seconds on the chili and cornbread and lots of butter for the cornbread.

Each setting had a big bowl of chili with a scoop of sour cream and sprinkled with green onion, 2 ABT's, a couple Jalapeno cornbread pepper sticks, and their own little bottle of Tabasco sauce . Alternated the settings with red and green bowls and cornbread sticks.

Thanks for lookin'.
    Last edited by BYBBQ; 09-05-2018, 04:12 AM. Reason: re-do pics
    Jim

Wow Jim, that is really a nice presentation, and I bet it was awesome!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks great BYBBQ - love those little bottles of Tabasco. We used to get them in MRE's...a lot of guys didnt use them so I'd take theirs, had a pretty good collection after awhile
      ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Funny that the one little thing was such a big deal. You could have made up a fantastic home brew sauce and put it in a little cup... no mention
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Jalapeņo cornbread sticks?
          sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
            Jalapeņo cornbread sticks?
            Yes, Jalapeņo cornbread sticks baked in old Lodge cast iron pans like this one.
            Last edited by BYBBQ; 09-21-2017, 02:53 PM. Reason: fat fingers and small keys
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
              Yes, Jalapeņo cornbread sticks baked in old Lodge cast iron pans like this one.
              I was thinking of baking the cornbread INSIDE the jalapeno.

OR, maybe a deep fried ABT in a cornbread batter! A simple cream cheese filling, slight smoke over pecan, then onto a grill crisp the bacon. Then a dip into the cornbread batter and a quick flash in the hot grease. Crispy, creamy, a little heat, and bacon....

now I'm hungry....
              sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
                Looks great BYBBQ - love those little bottles of Tabasco. We used to get them in MRE's...a lot of guys didnt use them so I'd take theirs, had a pretty good collection after awhile

Wish they would have had Tabasco in the C-Rations!!!

Beautiful Job, Jim!!!

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                X