Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Wild Game

Wild Game Deer, Elk, Moose, Rabbit And The Other Critters We Hunt.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Hey! Smoked-Meat, What's Cooking This Weekend?
Last Post: Fishawn
Posted On: 11-18-2017
Replies: 16
Views: 146
0 Sweet Heat Wings and twice Vortexed potatoes
Last Post: strength_and_power
Replies: 11
Views: 105
0 Proper Introduction
Last Post: nickelmore
Replies: 18
Views: 185
0 4 Pepper & Cheese Summer Sausage w/ SV Questions
Last Post: Uncle Sauce
Replies: 27
Views: 598
0 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs (Second Round)
Last Post: Uncle Sauce
Replies: 10
Views: 140
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,417 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,859 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,594 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 10-17-2017, 08:36 PM
Meatasaurus

AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All
AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All

Thanks all! I finished the butchering this morning. All in the freezer except for a few items I am going to turn into jerky and some of Bear's Dried Beef (elk). I will get to the grinding next weekend. Too whooped to play any more with it. It is a good thing the draw for next year's season is in April. It give the mind some time to forget how much work and painful these things are once they hit the ground.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 10-17-2017, 08:50 PM
Pit Master

bwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To All
bwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To All

Nice work!

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Old 10-17-2017, 09:10 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Thanks all! I finished the butchering this morning. All in the freezer except for a few items I am going to turn into jerky and some of Bear's Dried Beef (elk). I will get to the grinding next weekend. Too whooped to play any more with it. It is a good thing the draw for next year's season is in April. It give the mind some time to forget how much work and painful these things are once they hit the ground.
The elk has got to make some great dried "beef"...
Old 10-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Congratulations!

Curious if you bone out the quarters in the field, at the cabin, or do you just ice everything down and do it at home?

My average deer dressed is a little more than one of your quarters.....
Old 10-23-2017, 10:18 AM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Yea the brush and palmettos are so thick here it is painful just to get a deer out, much less an elk. Luckily we do forget by next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmore View Post
Congratulations!

Curious if you bone out the quarters in the field, at the cabin, or do you just ice everything down and do it at home?

My average deer dressed is a little more than one of your quarters.....
Mine is a bit less!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Congratulations!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 10-28-2017, 12:42 PM
Meatasaurus

AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All
AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All

Thanks all! I am in the process of doing the grind work and making jerky his weekend. When I lived in Northern Virginia, I shot my share of the dinky deer. That is what drove me to learn to process my own critters. I was shooting 4 deer per year and at $75-$90 a pop to get them butchered, It only took a few years to pay for my grinder, stuffer, mixer, etc. Folks give me some elk, deer, or oryx that they have professionally done and I have to do a lot of work to it to make it suit my standards. Thanks to this site, it's just like BBQ. My standards have been raised.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Wild Game