Pickled sriracha eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickled sriracha eggs

Have some new quail starting to lay. To light(11grams) for my standards to sell so I use them for home use. Had about 24. Put in pot of water bring to a boil and let in there for 5 minutes. Perfect hard boiled eggs. Now to try something different. Supposedly if you soak in vinegar the shell dissolves.
    Soaking in ACV

Within ten minutes the coloring was off. Let sit overnight

Pretty much just membrane left and peeled easily and took no white parts off. Like this method.
    Sriracha in jar

Eggs in now

Put the brine over it, going to be hot! Out of smoked paprika so used hot Hungarian

Now the wait. What's great about pickling quail eggs, chicken eggs you have to wait at least a week and up to 2 to enjoy. Not these little guys, I'll sample in 2 days, might need 3. Thanks for looking!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Nice Saturday night snacks with a beer
    sigpic

Comment

Looking good. Interesting that one is so much larger than the others...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
        Looking good. Interesting that one is so much larger than the others...
        Double yolk, they weigh about 20-26g
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          Nice Saturday night snacks with a beer
          x2 - Love me some good pickled eggs with a brew or five! Never had any quail eggs before. Is the taste any different?
          ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

OMG--Those have to be Fantastic!!

Nice Job!

Great Thread!!---

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
              x2 - Love me some good pickled eggs with a brew or five! Never had any quail eggs before. Is the taste any different?
              Taste very similar, I think they have a slightly richer flavor. They work great for this cause they're bite size.
              sigpic

Comment

That's just what I was thinking, bite size pickled eggs. Perfect!

Hmmm, now to get me some quails........
                Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Never had a pickled egg. I might be on to something new.
                  sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                    That's just what I was thinking, bite size pickled eggs. Perfect!

Hmmm, now to get me some quails........
                    If you're interested just let me know I can find some. What's great about these quail is, full grown and laying around 8 weeks. They don't take much room, I've got 2'x2' breeder cages, 1 cock for 4 hens. If just hens I could get 10-15 in that pen. Locally ground feed cost me 30 cents a dozen and I'm probably overestimating. Store bought.$.7-$1. Only downside is they crap A LOT!
                    sigpic

Comment

I couldn't wait, had to try one. Gonna be good! Got a nice heat level, hopefully tomorrow comes a bit faster. I've tried several recipes for pickled eggs, these just might be the best.
                      sigpic

Comment

These ended up pretty good. Kind of forgot about them until tonight. Plenty of heat and lasting heat. Lips tingled for awhile. The recipe I tried called for ACV, think I'll try regular vinegar next or a better ACV. It was a bit strong. I've got a base to work and improve. Now if my new breeders would just start laying more and my old hens stop eating their eggs I might just get to enjoy these more often. Fired incubator up after 2 days off been running since mid January.
                        sigpic

Comment

Pickled sriracha eggs

Lots of great info as always.

But all i could think about is "That will make a fart"

Be blessed my friend
                          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                            Pickled sriracha eggs

Lots of great info as always.

But all i could think about is "That will make a fart"

Be blessed my friend
                            yeah the wife wasn't real happy with my aroma Saturday.
                            sigpic

Comment

What was your brine for these? When I do pickled red beet eggs I use equal parts beet juice/vinegar and then half that of sugar. Did you use all vinegar except for the dose of sriacha?

Great idea!!
                              Mustang electric smoker
                              King Kooker vertical gasser
                              Charbroil silver smoker
                              Earnhardt Jr smoker
                              Brinkman smoke n' grill
                              a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Working...
                              X