• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
    Pickled sriracha eggs

Lots of great info as always.

But all i could think about is "That will make a fart"

Be blessed my friend
    I do believe that one of the reasons eggs were invented were for farts. Gaseous, yet delicious. Aroma...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Evidently pickled eggs are not so popular here in NE Oklahoma. I've shopped around but can't seem to find any to sample. Then again, we do eat pretty much all the livestock so why put an egg in a jar? I'm still interested in trying them, especially those little quail eggs. Might be a new treat...
      sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
        Evidently pickled eggs are not so popular here in NE Oklahoma. I've shopped around but can't seem to find any to sample. Then again, we do eat pretty much all the livestock so why put an egg in a jar? I'm still interested in trying them, especially those little quail eggs. Might be a new treat...
        When I made my trip back from Shreveport all the gas stations had them, the last I saw them was Paris Texas which isn't real far from you. Same thing here I wouldn't be able to buy pickled eggs anywhere except for the local farm store handles pickled chicken eggs.
        sigpic

Comment

on for that gig! may hafta tell me Bud...eat 4 of these & do some unusual attitude in your airplane....
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
            What was your brine for these? When I do pickled red beet eggs I use equal parts beet juice/vinegar and then half that of sugar. Did you use all vinegar except for the dose of sriacha?

Great idea!!
            2 dozen medium-sized hardboiled eggs (shells removed)
            1/4 cup light brown sugar
            2 cups apple cider vinegar
            1 cups water
            1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
            2 tsp smoked paprika
            1 Tbsp sea/pickling salt
            1 Tbsp whole black peppercorns
            lots of sriracha chile sauce (I probably used 1/2 cup)

This is the recipe I found and followed but looking at it now, I think I forgot to add the water, probably why it's so tangy. Going to play with this recipe a bit.

I will say with quail eggs I haven't really been affected by them when it comes to aroma. The has me on a limit of 2 deviled chicken eggs(I'll usually have 5-6 just to piss her off) but with quail I haven't noticed it.
            sigpic

Comment

gotta get this gig on!...
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

...Thanks for the recipe. Those look great. Been a few since I pickled any eggs. Not sure if I am still allowed too>
                sigpic
                GMG Daniel Boone
                UDS
                Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                Vision Kamado grill
                Weber Genesis Silver
                Smokin Tex
                MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                Maverick ET 732
                Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                2 orange ThermoPops
                A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                  I do believe that one of the reasons eggs were invented were for farts. Gaseous, yet delicious. Aroma...
                  Pickled eggs and some limburger cheese!! knock em dead.
                  ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
                    Pickled eggs and some limburger cheese!! knock em dead.
                    My grandpa LOVED Limburger cheese. When I was a wee lad, he had me try it. It was pure torture to swallow it, let alone get it past my nostrils. He just sat there and laughed. Now, I love the stuff. Thanks grandpa!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                      My grandpa LOVED Limburger cheese. When I was a wee lad, he had me try it. It was pure torture to swallow it, let alone get it past my nostrils. He just sat there and laughed. Now, I love the stuff. Thanks grandpa!
                      My Dad used to eat those stinky cheeses like limburger & bierkäse. He brought home some bierkäse one day, with a big smile on his face... The room immediately cleared oot when he opened it up... Even the Dachshund wouldn't get near it... He said it has a fairly mild taste bhut I was never brave enough to try it.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                        My Dad used to eat those stinky cheeses like limburger & bierkäse. He brought home some bierkäse one day, with a big smile on his face... The room immediately cleared oot when he opened it up... Even the Dachshund wouldn't get near it... He said it has a fairly mild taste bhut I was never brave enough to try it.

did it...bad awful nasty...ate it gagging...granddad laffin...Pa it's like shit in my mouth...he got into a coughing fit from laffin....
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation

Comment

Never tried the bierkäs. Wasn't until recentLEE that I found out that I now like Limburger. I guess I just like grossing the grand kids oot... I opened it up and they were all like, "Pop-Pop, that STINKS! Take that outside!"

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                          X