Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwek kwek

Philippine Street food.

Started by boiling quail eggs, put about 60 in a pot of water. Turned on heat and brought to boil, once boiling after 5 minutes turned off heat, drained and into ice water. Perfect! Peeled 19, Hazel thought she needed to sample an egg, I needed 18. The rest of eggs are sitting in vinegar solution to take shell off. They'll be turned into bread and butter pickled eggs tomorrow. Took the 18 eggs and rolled in cornstarch. Then got dipped in the batter which was flour, GBP, salt, water, and annatto powder (this gives it an orange color). Fried and 350 for a couple minutes. Also had glazed shiitake over a bed of baby bok Choy.

Made a sweet and sour sauce for the kwek kwek. The mushrooms were ok. Probably wouldn't do that recipe again. We loved the kwek kwek. My batter was a bit runny so it wasn't real thick. Will change this next time. Thanks for looking.
    sigpic

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Comment

I love the recipe but I cant see the pics...

On edit... I see em now...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

I seriously want to try this...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          I love the recipe but I cant see the pics...
          I posted on forum not thinking I use Tapatalk . Took me a bit so I just added the only one I had. That's the downside of Asian cooking it goes to fast for pics.
          sigpic

Comment

Looks Awesome and sounds good too. Nicely done Ryan
            sigpic

Comment

Looks great Ryan. Be interested in seeing your pickled eggs also.
              Last edited by Bassman; 07-19-2017, 08:04 PM.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                Looks great Ryan. Be interested in seeing your pickles eggs also.
                I'm just going simple on these, still experimenting on what I like. Really liked the sriracha eggs I made a while back. This is just going to made using a Mrs Wages bread and butter packet. If I like the flavor then I'll start with my own recipe. Pickled quail eggs are another avenue I'd like to explore for the business side of it.
                sigpic

Comment

Looks like a tasty meal. Nicely done
                  Jim

Comment

awesome Ryan - never heard of kwek kwek before but that looks tasty!
                    ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
                      awesome Ryan - never heard of kwek kwek before but that looks tasty!
                      Have you heard of Tokneneng? that's the same thing just used with chicken or duck eggs. Personally never tried that but I'd know I'd rather have a quail egg cause they're bite size.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X