No announcement yet.

Another reason I shop at Costco:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco is a great store, 5 minutes from me house. Worst part aboot it is the STUPID PEOPLE STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLES TALKING TO EACH OTHER, BLOCKING THE FLOW.... STOP DOING IT! STOP!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gracoman View Post
      Dood...the can has been opened... and wide...don't get me started. Da gubment, in murica, has absoulootly let da labs run wilde. Thanks Monsanto. (don't worry, I'll be good).

I'm not going to get into this here but Rich, you and everybody who frequents this site, should do a minimal amount of research so you can see the problem(s). .
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        Costco is a great store, 5 minutes from me house. Worst part aboot it is the STUPID PEOPLE STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLES TALKING TO EACH OTHER, BLOCKING THE FLOW.... STOP DOING IT! STOP!!!!!!
        HOLYCRAP! YEAH! My biggest complaint is the feeding hour at the end of the aisles. THAT would be my one reason to never ever go back. Unfortunately, sometimes I like to hit my head with a hammer repeatedly.
        Weber 22.5
        Lil Chief
        1950's Crosley Shelvadore
        Bradley Smoker
        Maverick ET732
        Nesco Dehydrator
        Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

Locally, we have one Costco and two BJ's Wholesale Clubs... both have decent meats. PLUS, there is a Restaurant Depot nearby, which gets visited on a regular basis. My bank account has become numb...

And gas here is hovering around 2 bux a gallon...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

yep costco one of my favourite shops. And the only place I've ever discovered that sells decent sized raw shrimp.

But the sneaky bastards are pulling a fast one in the uk.
            They're shipping in usa produced pork loins - which absolutely do not meet english livestock rearing standards. They're also stuffed full of added water.

English pork is raised to one of the highest general standards in the world the usa has one of the lowest and still indulges in factory farming practices that have been banned in europe for a few years and in england for a lot longer.

Sneaky bastards don't mention that though.
            You'd think that shipping meat across the atlantic and still being able to sell it significantly cheaper than the same cut from english pigs would be a bit of a clue.

other than that I'm a huge costco fan :-)
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

The U.K. gave us mad cow, as I recall. None of that here in US. But then we are intelligent enough to not panic over GMOs like you Europeans, either.

Comment

Costco and Restaurant Depot. That's all I need. Ever.
                Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                  Costco and Restaurant Depot. That's all I need. Ever.
                  Yup, and BJ's Wholesale Club ain't bad either...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

We have a Sams about 60miles one direction and a Costco 60 miles another direction. We chose Sams because the Costco only sold brisket flats not the whole brisket.

I have no problem with GMOs, but I don't live in a cave either. Yes thank you Monsanto for coming up with solutions to feed an ever expanding world.
                    sigpic
                    GMG Daniel Boone
                    UDS
                    Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                    Vision Kamado grill
                    Weber Genesis Silver
                    Smokin Tex
                    MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                    Maverick ET 732
                    Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                    2 orange ThermoPops
                    A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                    A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                    Vortex

Comment

I love Costco! But not for meat... I get my meat at Cash and Carry, or our local butcher meat market. Don't get me wrong, Costco has good meat, just a bit spendy for the grade.
                      Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                      Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                      A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                      A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                      Frogmats
                      Maverick ET 732
                      Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment