Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 10-02-2013, 05:36 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by erain View Post

Say hi to Lena and tell her she needs to come up with more of this "The New Smoke Freak would you please pass the grey poupon blurbage
Nothing like a grin with your first sip of coffee in the AM !

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 10-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
Yeah no kidding.. Maybe I should have been more specific..... is there a brand or a certain type (name) of goat cheese... I would think that there are many forms of goat cheese, just like cow cheese...
lol oh yeah. there are goat cheeses that taste like you're sucking on a rank billy goats beard that's in must (or is that just elephants ). They pretty much make me retch.

And at the other end of the spectrum there are very subtly flavoured goats cheese that I actually quite like.

I'm assuming you used a fairly mild goat cream cheese as it's not that easy smearing a hard cheese.

You're not going to talk me into ever using chicken breast - but I might give it a go with some thigh

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

You're not going to talk me into ever using chicken breast - but I might give it a go with some thigh
Why not? The brine pretty much guarentees even a grilling-challenged Limey can turn out a good breast
Old 10-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Why not? The brine pretty much guarentees even a grilling-challenged Limey can turn out a good breast
I guess he's not a breast man...

Yep...The brine makes (even) me seem like I know what Im doing....

Craig
Old 10-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Looks and sound great!
Did a Google...does this help?

Original Carrabba's Chicken Bryan (Not Copycat!)
2 servings
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
kosher salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
olive oil
4 ounces goat cheese
6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 -4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
4 teaspoons onions, minced
4 teaspoons garlic, minced
8 tablespoons butter, divided
6 tablespoons white wine
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon's worth)

Directions:

1 Brush chicken on both sides with olive oil, season to taste with Kosher salt and cracked pepper.
2 Grill chicken until done (internal temp of 165F) - prepare lemon butter sauce while chicken is grilling.
3 Sautee onion and garlic in 2 Tbps butter until soft and fragrant.
4 Add white wine and lemon juice, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes to reduce.
5 Add remaining 6 Tbsp butter, a little at a time, until it melts and mixture is emulsified.
6 Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil, heat until hot (but do not overheat or sauce may break).
7 Top nearly-done chicken breasts with 2 oz each of the goat cheese until cheese warms and softens.
8 To serve, spoon lemon butter sauce over chicken breasts.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/original-carrabbas-chicken-bryan-not-copycat-361631?oc=linkback

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:27 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Yeah Mark Thats where I started...And believe me that sauce is nothing like the sauce from Carrabbas...So the quest continues...Ill probably bore y"all some more when I get it where I want it to be...The key is starting with a juice piece-o-bird...Thanks to Mad Hunky Nekkid Brine...

Craig
Old 10-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

chicken breast is the least flavourful part of the chicken.
Texture isn't great and it's about twice the price of thigh - which is infinitely better flavoured, better texture and better colour.

I just don't see the point of cooking with chicken breast when there are cheaper, better alternatives from the same animal.

Not a cooking issue.

I doubt I'll ever understand modern societies obsession with chicken breast. It does seem to be that it's popular because it's particularly flavourless. I suppose it's good for carrying other flavours.

I'd just rather eat something that has flavour to start with and work from there :-)

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 10-03-2013, 06:37 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

I doubt I'll ever understand modern societies obsession with chicken breast. It does seem to be that it's popular because it's particularly flavourless. I suppose it's good for carrying other flavours.
My bet: It's also VERY lean and low in cholesterol.... hence, flavor as well
Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Cookin with fire

Much to my surprise....When Lena was doing the weight watchers thing, thighs were far less points than breast...Everyone thinks that breast is the diet friendly choice but maybe not....

But the chicken didn't suck

Craig
Old 10-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
Yeah Mark Thats where I started...And believe me that sauce is nothing like the sauce from Carrabbas...So the quest continues...Ill probably bore y"all some more when I get it where I want it to be...The key is starting with a juice piece-o-bird...Thanks to Mad Hunky Nekkid Brine...
Let me look at the methods tomorrow, may be some tricks or short cuts not...listed.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Old 10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Much to my surprise....When Lena was doing the weight watchers thing, thighs were far less points than breast...Everyone thinks that breast is the diet friendly choice but maybe not....

But the chicken didn't suck
Huh. Well, I would not really know. Nor care
Old 10-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Huh. Well, I would not really know. Nor care
I agree Rich! Ummm, well given the size of a modern production chicken breast and the size of a similar thigh...I'm not surprised. A breast is twice the size.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:34 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I agree Rich! Ummm, well given the size of a modern production chicken breast and the size of a similar thigh...I'm not surprised. A breast is twice the size.
AhhHA! maybe that's the deal. But hell..you can trim a thigh pretty tight... and it's gotta be close to the numbers a breast has, if done so. And of course,,the thigh is considered "dark" ain't it? that does have SOME flavor I believe. Turkey is a more solid example of the difference between light and dark tho.

Heck..I like a properly done breast. It's just that they ain't easy to properly do... over a fire anyway.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Heck..I like a properly done breast. It's just that they ain't easy to properly do... over a fire anyway.
She doesn't like it either!

Old 10-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

bump cause I'm making this tomorrow......

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 10-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Cookin with fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
bump cause I'm making this tomorrow......
Hell yeah Brian!
Serve it with garlic mashed potatoes...
And be careful with the heat or your sauce will break...

Craig
Old 10-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Hell yeah Brian!
Serve it with garlic mashed potatoes...
And be careful with the heat or your sauce will break...
should I double the sauce i'm going to do 6 breast....will that be enough?

Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 10-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Cookin with fire

Oh yeah...I never have extra sauce and I just do 2 sometimes 4 breasts...

Since my pics got photo phucked I hope you post results...

Craig
Old 10-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

Quote:
Oh yeah...I never have extra sauce and I just do 2 sometimes 4 breasts...

Since my pics got photo phucked I hope you post results...
Okay I will do 2.5... I'll post up. We'll see how it goes.. going to do over a wood fire..

Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Poultry