Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about a good propane grill

hi

i jsut made a thread about kamado and i will try to buy one in the future but i still have a characol grill and a smoker but sadly i need to buy a propane grill because the one i have is broke, rust xD

In sweden i only know that "Weber" is good quality, but do you have any sugguestion?

it will stand outside year around (when i dont use it under a roof but thats it),

the price im willing to pay is about 1000-1500 USD and want atlest 3 burners

because it will be outside the year around i want a quality grill (the one i have was a cheap one, first propane ever) and i like the propane during the winter period because its fast^^

i would like if it can be hot enough to bake pizza (250C or more) and also if you are able to buy a pizza stone for it.

how is "Napolion" ?

thanks for the help!

regards
    marcus

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much //Ronald Reagan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing // Edmund Burke

Hey there, I live in Colorado and we have cold winters and hot summers.

I love ceramic cookers and have had a BGE for 5 years now I guess. Works great year round regardless of weather.

However, I know you also have a question about grills. I bought the Char-Broil infrared grill 2 years ago. The infrared part just means that you're still cooking with gas and direct heat but that nothing spills onto the heating elements. It also has cast iron grates. I even use the side burner/griddle to saute onions when we cook burgers on it.

I love it and it works great for our use. You can even cook indirect on it if you want to. For me, sometimes it's just easier and faster on a gasser as I have kids running all over the place with sports.

This thing is on sale here for $375 at Lowes which is a steal IMHO. It's also available on Amazon for $500+.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-...ers/1000107415

P.S. both my gasser and BGE stay outside year round and I cover them when not in use.
    Last edited by Abelman; 04-03-2017, 03:40 PM.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Go with a weber and buy a cover I recommend the Weber Spirit E-330 for your price range. I had one and it was awesome. Gave it away because I didn't use it.
      Last edited by gmotoman; 04-03-2017, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Napoleon is a Canadian co. I believe. Have seen them at a couple events. Seem well built..lotta stainless. I’m not a gas aficionado, but one does as one must..
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys! Will look more into the ones you mentioned.

But I'm still curious about Napoleon, they have many different models and I'm wondering if they are any good? Think I saw they have 10 years or lifetime guarantee.

Also, what is "best" way to get a little smoke flavours in a propane because that's something I miss.

Richtee, I mostly use charcoal but during winter it's so damn cold here and want it to be fast XD

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much //Ronald Reagan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing // Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by mackan110 View Post

Richtee, I mostly use charcoal but during winter it's so damn cold here and want it to be fast XD
            https://www.amazenproducts.com/product_p/amnts.htm
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I would love a Weber Genesis but they are too $$$$$ for me.
              Bored Guy Blog

Comment

I'll sell my Weber Spirit 3 burner and side pot burner for $350 + shipping. Comes with a new cover. Shipping may put you over your $1500 limit though.
                Don

Humphrey's Pint
                Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                Anova One Sous Vide
                AMPS
                Purple Thermapen
                Maverick ET-733
                DigIQ DX2
                Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                  I would love a Weber Genesis but they are too $$$$$ for me.
                  know how a weber genesis is compared to napoleona le3?

Comment

know how a weber genesis is compared to napoleona le3?
                    I don't. I'd actually never heard of napoleona grills until this thread.
                    Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Personally, I would go with Weber.

I have a Weber Q that is probably 15-17 years old, and a few years back gave my 3 burner propane Weber to a buddy, that is probably 10-12 years old. They seem to hold up really well. Parts are readily available and customer service os top notch.

I recently bought an infrared grill for quick cooks from a different manufacturer and ended up sending it back. Thought the quality was not up to Weber's.
                      Last edited by Fishawn; 04-06-2017, 08:45 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I bought a Weber Genesis II. So tomorrow I will try to put together and also cook on it. The problem is it's so damn heavy XD so might have to use my charcoal grill tomorrow and get some help with the grill :)

I hope it's worth the money now. But I know I will miss the I've bucket the Napoleon had. No cool beer for me now when I cook XD

Comment

year 12 for my weber, after going thru many cheepies.
                          z
                          sigpic
                          GMG Daniel Boone
                          UDS
                          Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                          Vision Kamado grill
                          Weber Genesis Silver
                          Smokin Tex
                          MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                          Maverick ET 732
                          Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                          2 orange ThermoPops
                          A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                          A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                          Vortex

Comment

I bought a Weber Genesis II. So tomorrow I will try to put together and also cook on it. The problem is it's so damn heavy XD so might have to use my charcoal grill tomorrow and get some help with the grill :)

I hope it's worth the money now. But I know I will miss the I've bucket the Napoleon had. No cool beer for me now when I cook XD
                            wise choice...need the gas for time & relax...you done good!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Heh... I’m sure a cooler could be rigged up somehow

Nice grill... what ya gonna break her in with?

Comment

Working...
                              X