What stall? Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    Seen this? I dunno how you cut in half..butt...

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...62979#poststop

On edit f’in Photibucket... I’ll fix it..gimmie a few.
    YES That's pretty much what I do and for the same reasons you gave in that post... (I posted in that thread a couple time)
    I love this method, I did 45lbs for a 100+ people picnic, had 10 little 4.5lb+ butts in my UDS and it worked perfect... they were all done by 10 hours, pulling last one at the 12 hour mark.

a207769s, I suggest you try this method next time
    Last edited by Eaglewing; 09-04-2017, 10:56 PM.
    OKJoe's Longhorn Combo ►Traeger 575 Bronze ►Weber Q series
    ThermaPEN-Mk4 ►MEATERx2 ►FireBoard|||| and SPARK► Smokin-it Smoke Generator► INKBIRD Sous Vide► GrillGrates
    and accessories out the ying-yang

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglewing View Post
      (I posted in that thread a couple time)
      oops..next time I’ll look... jeez.. din’t realize ya been around that long..wow :{)

Oh..and Ken upped the attachments to 10. That’s gonna halp rebuilding old threads

Have I insulted Photobucket lately?
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I think next time I will try splitting the butts in half using that method. I had seen that post just never really worried about it. I'll probably start plenty early and see how long they take split. I really just want to try the split butt for the extra bark.

Assuming they finish much quicker than 20 hours I will vac seal and reheat like I did this weekend.

They may have just been being polite but a couple of people said they don't care for pulled pork but they said they liked it. And then they asked for more to be heated up that night for another meal. I have to admit that this was definitely the best pulled pork I've done since I started smoking meats (8 long months ago). I didn't use foil pans because I wasn't getting the smoke penetration I wanted and these had great smoke rings (not great compared to charcoal or stick burners but for propane it was good smoke). With the party Sunday and putting brakes on my dad's car yesterday I didn't get a chance to clean the smoker until last night. YIKES..... foil pans are definitely good for clean up. I may have to run this thing through a car wash a few dozen times. I tried lining the bottom with foil but that was a fail. O well, small price to pay for delicious meat.

I am hoping to have time to do another pork butt to freeze since there was very little left overs from this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes splitting it.

Comment

Working...
        X