Smoked whiskey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked whiskey

My Wife and I were out shopping yesterday and I had to go in the Sur la table store. While browsing around, I came across a smoking gun and smoke box designed for smoking cocktails and/or whiskey. While I would NEVER pay what they wanted for something like that, it had me intrigued. Have any of you guys ever used something like it or done something similar with any adult beverages?
    https://m.surlatable.com/product/PRO....google.com%2F
    Arron W.

YS 640
    Primo Oval XL
    Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
    Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
    Weber Copper Top
    Old Smokey
    Orion
    Gasser
    2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
    24" Disco with custom burner
    Red Thermapen
    2-Maverick ET-733
    Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
    sigpic

Don’t Squirrel have one of them “smoke guns”?

Lotta Scotches are smoked. Well, the grains are anyway. Peat fires I hear. There is a style of beer..”Rauchbier” I think it’s called..that has smoked ingredients as well.

there’s always some trendy something somewhere
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I have been known to have gotten smoked after too much libation...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I am usually holding mine looking at the smoker.....never much thought about putting a glass full in the smoker.....

If I keep ice in it and no heat would that be cold smoked ?

Now ya got me thinkin......cold smoked ice cubes for my bourbon...

Hold on now.....i bet I could get them made right here in the USA (save shipping from China) and sell them at Trader Joes....or if they melt, I could add an ice tray and call it a "do it your self" kit and sell it at Wally World.

WOW just think of the flavors, peach smoke for a martini, Mesquite for that Tenn whisky, and of course we have to have hickory for Kentucky bourbon.

I think I need to take today off of work to try some of this, and tell the wife I have a reason to buy that new chamber vacuum sealer......

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
          I am usually holding mine looking at the smoker.....never much thought about putting a glass full in the smoker.....

If I keep ice in it and no heat would that be cold smoked ?

Now ya got me thinkin......cold smoked ice cubes for my bourbon...

Hold on now.....i bet I could get them made right here in the USA (save shipping from China) and sell them at Trader Joes....or if they melt, I could add an ice tray and call it a "do it your self" kit and sell it at Wally World.

WOW just think of the flavors, peach smoke for a martini, Mesquite for that Tenn whisky, and of course we have to have hickory for Kentucky bourbon.

I think I need to take today off of work to try some of this, and tell the wife I have a reason to buy that new chamber vacuum sealer......
          Smoke some water in a pan, pour it into ice cube trays, freeze... Hmmmm...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
            Smoke some water in a pan, pour it into ice cube trays, freeze... Hmmmm...
            you’ll wanna be very light about it... that’s where the PAH’s and creosote make an appearance.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              you’ll wanna be very light about it... that’s where the PAH’s and creosote make an appearance.
              I'd never do it... I like smoke in/on my food, not my drinkage... it was just a thought...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

For those who buy that, I have some prime oceanfront property in Arizona for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by strength_and_power View Post
                  For those who buy that, I have some prime oceanfront property in Arizona for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Don't take any of mine...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                    I have been known to have gotten smoked after too much libation...
                    x2 and x3
                    ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X