Moink Ball Skillet Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking pizza there

And Moink Balls, that's the ticket, love those things. I've done them a couple of times with a home made recipe.

Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

What about the dough? Gotta try this! Looks excellent, points!

Comment

Smoked pizza really never sounded good until now. points to you Sir.

Tom

Comment

I cheat on the crust and use Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix it's a really good pizza dough.
          Steve

Comment

Steve, that looks amazing!! Love your moinks too, they look perfect!
            jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

If I make these moink balls, I will make them from scratch. I get real tired of the gristle and bone fragments in those store bought meatballs. I love meatballs but when I go over to my daughters they always buy them frozen meatballs and I must just be the lucky one to get the prize. Your pizza looks great by the way.
              Last edited by SmokinLee; 04-09-2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

SixPack
                Your pizza looks great, now I gotta put on my thinking cap !!!
                --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Shweeeeet!

sigpic

Comment

wow now thats a pizza
                    Terry here
                    Still have Christene

Comment

that is some pizza !
                      :-)
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I see you guys smoke these at very high temps for a pretty long time. I'm a little confused about this.
                        In a conventional oven, at those temps, it would get done in about 10 minutes. In a convection oven, a little quicker. In a stone pizza oven, about 3 minutes. But a real pizza oven runs temps around 800°, so that makes sense. Why does it take so long in a smoker?

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                        If I make these moink balls, I will make them from scratch. I get real tired of the gristle and bone fragments in those store bought meatballs. I love meatballs but when I go over to my daughters they always buy them frozen meatballs and I must just be the lucky one to get the prize. Your pizza looks great by the way.
                        I seem to always get those prizes too. If the wife leaves a little chicken bone in chicken soup, guess who gets it? A little fragment of bone on a pork steak? Yep, I get that one too. Bone or gristle in the ham and bean soup? You guessed it.
                        So lets start a club.

Tom

Comment

Oh my dear friggin gosh does that look tasty ... besides the idea behind the moink balls (thanks for asking what they were, Dude) throwing them into a pizza crust to smoke is just all together awesome! Points for this idea!

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                          Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X