No announcement yet.

T-H's Cowboy Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken, do you use the same soakin water to cook the beans in?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
      Nothing to write home about but some good chit..

Dropped a tad bit into a bowl with some of my hotwater cornbread.. Mmmmm..Mmm

Looks good!

What is this "hotwater" cornbread you speak of? It looks yummy, but I ain't ever heard of it.
      “Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
      Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed.”
      - G. K. Chesterton

Char Griller 7474(w/SFB), UDS, WSJ Mini-drum conversion, MES 30

Comment

fine lookin' bowl ken........
        sigpic
        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

I know.. hard to beat a good bowl of hot brisket chili... Just not the right temps outside for that yet..
          kinda funny, i was noticing last night that everywhere it's hot ,from mexico to louisiana to the desert they all eat spicy food. ya never know,some 5 alarm fire starter chili may make 100 degrees outside seem like a cold front.
          brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
          18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
          cast iron Hibachi
          22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
          & rotisserator
          12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
          stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
          Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
          http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
          my music recordings-
          http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
            Well, something tells me you guys will work through it and come out ahead. Its Texas, Texas always wins. You asked for help from the feds and POTUS ignored ya, seems you all are better off with out their help and coming out ahead already, already have created more jobs than the other 49 states combined.

Weather will break one day eventually, my grand son is up in Comanche and doing rain dances. It can get worse the weather can. Lets hope this hot dryness isn't followed by a long winter of rolling continuous ice storms. Heard one cattleman from down there that said the area around Dalhart over to DFW was due a bad series of ice storms. That man there is looking to lose all his friends with talk like that.

I know it will, but when... This heat has all my technicians tongues wagging.. Many have been going home sick with headache and vomiting from the heat.. They are spent..

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
            Ken, do you use the same soakin water to cook the beans in?

No, I drain that water and rinse all the beans before I re-fill the pot and start cooking...

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            Looks good!

What is this "hotwater" cornbread you speak of? It looks yummy, but I ain't ever heard of it.
            I will post a thread on it.. I really like it better than the traditional way.. It was the poorest of the poor foods back in the day..

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
            kinda funny, i was noticing last night that everywhere it's hot ,from mexico to louisiana to the desert they all eat spicy food. ya never know,some 5 alarm fire starter chili may make 100 degrees outside seem like a cold front.

True Dat!!
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Sitting here thinking of what to cook and not the same ol' same ol' and I remembered these... Now to get the pot out for tomorrow cowboy beans...
              Ken

Comment

Sitting here thinking of what to cook and not the same ol' same ol' and I remembered these... Now to get the pot out for tomorrow cowboy beans...
                Good idear! Thinkin bout doin a pot of bean rice with Hunky sausage tomorrow!
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Hey Chief!
                  Think these would work in an insta pot?
                  Xoxo

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                    Hey Chief!
                    Think these would work in an insta pot?
                    Xoxo

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Yes..
                    Ken

Comment

Working...
                    X