Wicked Baked Beans Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Baked Beans Test

I said I was going to make up two batches of beans. One with Bush's the other VanCamp's. Saturday I did. Made each exactly the same.

Need something cooked over them. Six of each over each pan. And I made some Magic Dust. It was really good on the eggs.

So far the vote is 2 and 2 and I'm on the fence. I'm bringing the leftovers to work tomorrow. See what they say.

Oh, and I'm eating the cold beans with the Fritos scoops as I type this. It's no wonder those guys scarfed it down. You gotta try it. Unreal. All washed down with a cold beer. Boy am I going to be deadly tomorrow.
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Just stay away from open flames ray! An don't wear any polyester pants just in case of "flame out"!
    sigpic

Comment

Well it seems the jury is still out then? very interesting... I am interested in what the peeps at work have to say about your taste test!

and becareful, head Tips advice he is a wise young guy!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I love em cold too! Never tried em with scoops though.

People still wear poyester pants?
        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Oh man, try them with the scoops. I couldn't stand myself today. And I'm eating them again. Finish the eggs up tomorrow morning. Geez.

I did not get to stop by the site that agreed to taste test them today. Will tomorrow.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

Would these be Dutchs' beans? We only use Van Camps around here, no one I know around here likes Bushs beans. OK, you eat them cold with Frito's and that sounds great, I like french fries and potato chips myself. I have an odd one for ya, where I used to work as a drug tester another member of the institution staff, would put them over ice cream and eat them. I thought it sounded like teenage days and he had been dipping into the wacky weed. I gave him a left over instant test to see if he was dirty, and he was not. Good thing, I would have had to report him and lose a friend. I tried them his way, and it wasn't bad. But I think I'll stick with french fries and chips, and now I have to try the Frito's. And my wife wonders where I get these crazy ideas and ways to corrupt the grandkids eating habits.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
              Oh man, try them with the scoops. I couldn't stand myself today. And I'm eating them again. Finish the eggs up tomorrow morning. Geez.

I did not get to stop by the site that agreed to taste test them today. Will tomorrow.
              Yep maybe you should take tomorrow off! and none of that pulling the covers over the wifes head!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                Yep maybe you should take tomorrow off! and none of that pulling the covers over the wifes head!

Lol. No wife to torture. Just me. You know it's bad when you wake yourself up.
                S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

Souded like a great job "drug tester" what was your favorite?, lol. Just kidden dave, just the way I read it the first time.

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
                  Would these be Dutchs' beans? We only use Van Camps around here, no one I know around here likes Bushs beans. OK, you eat them cold with Frito's and that sounds great, I like french fries and potato chips myself. I have an odd one for ya, where I used to work as a drug tester another member of the institution staff, would put them over ice cream and eat them. I thought it sounded like teenage days and he had been dipping into the wacky weed. I gave him a left over instant test to see if he was dirty, and he was not. Good thing, I would have had to report him and lose a friend. I tried them his way, and it wasn't bad. But I think I'll stick with french fries and chips, and now I have to try the Frito's. And my wife wonders where I get these crazy ideas and ways to corrupt the grandkids eating habits.

Comment

Originally posted by travcoman45 View Post
                    Just stay away from open flames ray! An don't wear any polyester pants just in case of "flame out"!
                    You old enuff to wear polyester pants? Still wearin a white belt & shoes, with a jacket with a huge lapel!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                      !and be careful, heed Tips advice he is a wise young guy!
                      tip WISE and YOUNG? sweetheart.......you need a eye test.........lolol

what i like bout the "Wicked" beans, is that you can change this recipe around........to each persons tastes........there is NO set "recipe". and to say so, is just being narrow minded..........thats what is great about this hobby............we take a new recipe, and make changes. Some times for the best, and sometimes a disaster.........but sometimes........EUREKA !

GOD i love this hobby........
                      Last edited by Walking Dude; 02-10-2009, 10:20 PM.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

No problem Lee. My favorite was busting inmates for steroids. They would always say "wow, I didn't know you guys tested for that". Then there were the inmates that would get meds from people who had a script and couldn't figure out why they were being charged. Kind of got fun when some of the inmates would try lash out physically. It kind of broke the boredom a little when things got physical. Death threats were so common. Oh well, those days are over, no more little bottles of *##.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X