Pulled Pork Curried Crepes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled Pork Curried Crepes

Well I have been trying to use up some butt I did on Mothers Day. I was out of Food Saver rolls and just bagged it up in Zip's. Just trying to make space for a mother load here real soon.
    So tonight I decided to use a recipe that I have used alot even though it's for chicken............

I have made alot of different crepes, being that of both sweet and savory, my favorite being savory. So just replaced the chicken with pork in this recipe.

You start out with a thin batter sorta the consistancy of heavy cream. ( most cook books have a crepe recipe in them. They really are nothing more than a thin pancake. Once the batter is made, it needs to rest for a bit so the flour absorbs as much liquid as possible.

This recipe calls for a filling/sauce and requires medium chopped veggie's consisting of Carrot's, Onions, Celery, Garlic and Mushrooms.

I have been trying to use as much of this curry gift box I got as a gift so that's why I chose this recipe.

You start making the crepe's in a medium hot, lightly oiled non stick pan. Just pour about a 1/4 cup in the middle and swirl the pan around to coat with an even thin batter.

It only takes maby a minute on each side to just lightly brown them, and lay them out on a bakeing sheet overlapping. The last one was a whole lot bigger than the first LOL..

Now prepare the sauce/filling
    Just melt some real butter or heat oil and just sweat the veggies till aldente.

You then just add a couple Tbls. of flour stir around a bit and add about 3/4 cup cold milk, it thickens up pretty nice.

Add about 3/4 of the pan to the pulled pork and stir.

Just spoon about 1/3 cup on the edge of a crepe and roll up tightly and lay into a lightly sprayed dish and bake low, these only need to be warmed up.

[I did give a light sprinkle of sharp chedder to these...

About 15 minutes @ 325.

Plated.

Ok, to be honest they were alittle bland, but this made it mo better.

All in all I give it a thumbs up. Like I said one of my favorite savory crepe's are with using a good ground beef, onions, garlic, shrooms and you make a cheese( parm) sauce to go over them. You can stuff em with anything. Even for dessert I had one big one left so put a huge scoop of double brownie ice cream in it and rolled tight, cut in half a we had dessert.

Dang...lookie you all up into crepes and stuff! Looks damned good Lee. Got any extree? Sucks cookin' on one foot ;{(
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I like your choice of filling, congrats on a nice creative meal.
      GOSM Big Block
      Weber 22 1/2 in. grill
      Brinkman all-in-one charcoal and gas
      Pepperhead Award posthumously-

Miss you Rich- How's the ABT's up there?

Comment

Is it sissy stuff LOL. I started making different crepes along with other dishes,when a friend of my bro's came back from chef school attended in france. He made us all a gourmet meal and impressed the hell out of me using simple ingredients. This was maybe early 90's. I started buying all the cook books that looked interesting to me. I just enjoy it.

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Dang...lookie you all up into crepes and stuff! Looks damned good Lee. Got any extree? Sucks cookin' on one foot ;{(

Comment

Lee pay no attention to the gimp. He's just cranky.
          I like crepes myself, and it's actually pretty amazing the versatility of such a simple recipe. Great job my friend.

2 Weber Kettles
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
          Brinkman ECB
          Charbroil 940X
          Project UDS
          Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

Please don't mis-understand..it was a complement! And..I'm STILL hungry you could have delivered by now!
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I know. I have 8 leftover, and could have delivered them by now. I'll make up for it and bring some sort of baked good for breakfast at the flushing event. Hey runner really I didn't take any offense by it, I knew it was a compliment lol..

Comment

Ahhh I know it's all good guys. Just bustin some stones.

2 Weber Kettles
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
                Brinkman ECB
                Charbroil 940X
                Project UDS
                Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

Looks awesome. Nothing wrong with crepes, Lee.

My favorite is chicken, mushrooms, onions, spinach and cheddar cheese. Covered with hollandaise sauce. There's a name for it, but forget it. First tried it at IHOP. Went home and made it better. Hehe. Have yet to try it with smoked chicken.

Chicken florentine. Just remembered.
                  Last edited by RowdyRay; 09-09-2009, 09:43 PM.
                  S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                  CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

Sounds like a great combo Ray. I'll have to make note of that.

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                    Looks awesome. Nothing wrong with crepes, Lee.

My favorite is chicken, mushrooms, onions, spinach and cheddar cheese. Covered with hollandaise sauce. There's a name for it, but forget it. First tried it at IHOP. Went home and made it better. Hehe. Have yet to try it with smoked chicken.

Chicken florentine. Just remembered.

Comment

Lee, great looking crepes you got there. Got'a make me some of those. Kudos
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      KCBS CBJ

Comment

Great looking crepes, Lee! I also like to fill them with blueberry pie filling, roll up and dust with powdered sugar (any fruit pie filling would be good).
                        sigpic
                        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

thks for sharing Lee!!! love it when someone pulls off something out of the ordinary. i for one be giving these a try with some left over pulled pork as well. thanks for the headsup on them being bland. gotta start somewhere and dont seem like a big deal to take care of. hea how about some
                          Charbroil SFB
                          GOSM
                          MES
                          Dutch Ovens and other CI
                          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Those look very yummy, Lee. I don't think I've ever tried a crepe. Might have to give it a shot sometime. Thanks for the idea!
                            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                            Weber Smokey Joe
                            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                            Pink Thermapen
                            Purple Thermapen

Comment

Looks good from here too.
                              KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Working...
                              X