Merry Christmas to Me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
    Phil, I love Asian food and more to the point, fried rice. Don't over look it now that you have a wok. So many great Asian dishes.

I have a CI wok we use over gas.....made some fried rice with some shrimp the other other night. Kids love it and so do I :

Congrats and have fun with it. So many things to do and you'll get a sense of how to spread out food on the sides, moving food, etc. It's a great pan!

What's your recipe love fried rice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My intent is to use it mainly over the vortex. We'll see how it goes. I was back and forth between the 16" and 18"... ended up going with the 18", due to the number of faces to feed. Prolly could have gotten away with the 16"...

Thanks gracoman for all the info! Hopefully with what I have and intend to do, combined with your information will produce some good meals!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
        My intent is to use it mainly over the vortex. We'll see how it goes. I was back and forth between the 16" and 18"... ended up going with the 18", due to the number of faces to feed. Prolly could have gotten away with the 16"...

Thanks gracoman for all the info! Hopefully with what I have and intend to do, combined with your information will produce some good meals!
        I've had good luck in the past using a charcoal chimney as a heat source but only after some significant modification that you may not want to do to your vortex. Also with a 14" wok. The shape of a wok makes it a perfect fit for the top of a charcoal chimney. It fits like a glove. Because of this the wok cuts the airflow off from the burning coals and the heat output drops immediately. I cut v shaped notches around the perimeter of the chimney top to combat this. It worked great.

I don't own a vortex so don't know for sure if your wok will sit directly on top of it or be separated by a grate. If there is a separation you won't have to bother with any of that.

FWIW, a 16" wok can handle enough food for 4 people should you want to do that all in the same cook. Just remember the idea of wok cooking is to cook small amounts of food at very high temps very quickly. Literally 2 minutes. The more food you place in a wok the lower the temp goes due to the higher volume and releasing water.

I have no doubt you'll get it all figured out after playing around with it.

Merry Christmas to You!! See what I did there
        sigpic
        Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
        -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
        -AMNPS
        -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
        gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Dog BBQ View Post
          Yeah Buddy you are ready to go. I have some wok tools I have to find them and if you want them I'll send them your way.
          Thank you sir! If the offer is still valid, I'll take you up on it! Let's PM each other and work out the details!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Nice score bro! Now let's see it in action!!
            sigpic
            "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
            Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
            UDS, Viking grill

Comment

Originally posted by Tomshoots View Post
              Nice score bro! Now let's see it in action!!
              As soon as it gets here... still hasn't arrived.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                As soon as it gets here... still hasn't arrived.
                Here we go again
                Hope things go better than last time...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                  Here we go again
                  Hope things go better than last time...
                  shhhh...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment