New heat diffusor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New heat diffusor

For the yoder. All of those subtle hints paid off. Going to be a lot easier to vac out firepot. Reinforced to withstand high heat so it can stay in all the time and a removable plate for direct grilling

Yoder YS480
    Maverick 732
    Tappecue
    Thermapen

Looks pretty solid allrighty! Din’t realize there were issues with the stock one?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Looks pretty solid allrighty! Din’t realize there were issues with the stock one?
      It can just be a PIA sometimes to get the pan out to get the ash out of the bottom, or fire pot.. the mode he had will save a few minutes for sure!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Besides being a pain to remove and vacuum they have been know to warp. My has a smile of about a half inch. Not a huge deal, just have to use a steel rod to keep it straight. The old ones are supposed to come out above 400, this one can stay in all the time....supposedly
        Yoder YS480
        Maverick 732
        Tappecue
        Thermapen

Comment

As Brian said, it's a pain to remove the heat diffuser each time to clean out the burn grate and firebox. I read a lot about how expensive these are but I don't see any other pellet manufacturer making improvements to their smokers that current users can apply.

When they added the reinforced burn grate and firebox, both are made so that the user can upgrade them and are a definite improvement to the original design. Now with the upgrade to the heat diffuser it's like getting a new smoker without having to actually buy one!
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis Copper E310
          VacMaster Pro 260
          2 Mavericks ET732
          Blue Thermapen
          6" & 12" AMNTS
          Q-MATS
          "Yoder YS Pellet Grills (Fan Page)" on Facebook

Comment

Yea, I'll probably get one next year, they keep making it better!

Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Well I got one today. Shipping was free and pretty fast ground FedX. Instead of placing the diffuser plate on the YS640 front shelf and placing alum foil over the full surface, I'll still use wide Alum foil, but instead of wrapping it around the edges, I'll use 4 small strong magnets to hold the foil down.
              IMG_0012.jpg

I don't use my 640 in sear mode much, because you have to take the diffuser out etc. Now I can pull the alum foil, pull the door, put on the sear grill and steaks at high temps. Yum.

Cleaning the grill after shorter cooks is going to be so much easier. All that needs done is pull the door out and use my small canister vacuum dedicated to the grills. Big longer cooks I need to still clean out a bit more.

Dedicated vacuum because I used it on the grill once, the wife made me get her one for the garage and her woodwork. No worries, she does great hobby stuff, I make great food.....

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
                I'll still use wide Alum foil, but instead of wrapping it around the edges, I'll use 4 small strong magnets to hold the foil down.
                Keep a stock of them. Heat will change the properties of the metal eventually..don’t know HOW long..but they will not be magnets for ever.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Yep, I wondered about that being a science guy etc. We'll see. Decent magnets by the dozen are cheap eh? Might just use some 1/2 lb iron pucks cut from stock from work....

Comment

Working...
                  X