Just your average smoked gator and mullet ABT post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just your average smoked gator and mullet ABT post

To be honest I bought a dozen Japs for their seeds for the garden...but ya can't waste them...Soooo...... Yes I got my seeds, yes they are planted.

We start off with a bit of smoked mullet, 1 frozen smoked fillet(?).

And a bit of frozen smoked gator

Chop up the gator, actually I kinda minced it up after slicing it.

Then we mix up some Philly Cheese, buttermilk, finely chopped onions, garlic, smoked paprika, onion powder, chives and parsley.

Mix in the mullet.

Oh I separated the cheese mix into three bowls. One with smoked mullet(BL), one with smoked gator(BR) and one mixed(top).

Ahhhh Japs filled with cheese, somethin good is gonna happen!.
    I had a little extra of the "mixed" bowel so I filled a red bell pepper with the extra.

And now we're bacon wrapped. Oh the red bell peppers got a Prosciutto and bacon wrap.

Just a little Hunky love.

Inta da smoker dey go. Never mind that Spanish Paprika in the front and the corned beef on the left.

After a couple hours (not quite) of baby hickory. The red bells weren't quite there yet.

The japs are all bagged up (a few missing) for freezing and the bells are cooling.

The sliced goodness of stuffed bell pepper. Ahhh these are gone now.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Originality ....Thats cool stuff man.........

Comment

Smoked gator even looked like chicken
      I could definitely go for some of those ABTs!
      There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Oh man, that's awesome!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Never tried Gator but you got me wanting some...

Comment

I have a buddy that owns a restaurant, I got my gator from him in 1 lb bags. All he gets it tail meat - says it doesn't have as much cartridge as rib or leg meat. Leg is much more tender - tail = tough. Doesn't matter here as it's minced up.
            Most seafood stores have frozen gator.
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Pond Lizard & Crazy Jumping Fish!....Good stuff..I like it!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Big D
                Mark,

How did you get bigger chunks of gator? All I can find is the small shredded stuff!

Great meal by the way!
                NBD...come on down here...go fishin with my son's...don't doze off...they have been know to throw a 2-3 footer in the boat to wake yer a$$ up.... Last Yankee they took fishin, me cousin said he nearly chit his pant's....
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Great looking stuff Mark..... Seen frozen gator in a nearby meat market, gonna have to give that a try
                  sigpic

Comment

You knocked those peppers outta the park Great ideas..Is the flavor of the gator pretty mild?....I know tastes like ck'n Not many gators out here..

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                      NBD...come on down here...go fishin with my son's...don't doze off...they have been know to throw a 2-3 footer in the boat to wake yer a$$ up.... Last Yankee they took fishin, me cousin said he nearly chit his pant's....
                      I have buddies their run air boats on the W.... river, Gator tag. They run up and catch the gators by the tail - flip them in the boat (not letting go), then toss them back into the river. Oh no there is no alcohol involved...ever!
                      Mark
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                        I have buddies their run air boats on the W.... river, Gator tag. They run up and catch the gators by the tail - flip them in the boat (not letting go), then toss them back into the river. Oh no there is no alcohol involved...ever!
                        Yeah..Man..Only way to do that is lights out Sober...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                          He he he he he!
                          Mark
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm not going to be flippin' any gators in or out of the boat, but I'd sure like to try a couple of those ABTs.
                            sigpic
                            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                              Last Yankee they took fishin, me cousin said he nearly chit his pant's....
                              Hell man, closest thing to that we have up North is at the zoo or on Discovery channel. I'm not messin with no damn gator!

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                              Oh no there is no alcohol involved...ever!
                              No booze?!?!

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                              Could at least roll up a joint, then I'd be game
                              There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X