Raspberry Vines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Vines?

I know folks use grape vines for smoke but have any of you used raspberry vines? They've taken over a corner of my yard and the wife says they have to go. So, if they're good for smoke I'll cut 'em up into sticks with loppers and save them versus sending them to the landfill. If they're good for smoke, what kind of flavor do they add?

Its fruit wood, would think it would be okay.... I would guess mild flavor
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I found this little snippet on a website offering various farm grown goods. "RASPBERRY WOOD: Chipped raspberry canes, mild, sweet smoke"

Comment

Good info John...Thanks...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Careful with the thorns. They are loaded with thorns but the larger woody pieces are not so bad. I used to have some growing out back & used it for smoking some chicken & fish. Nice flavor.
          MES 30"
          A-Maze-N pellet smoker
          Weber 22" kettle
          E-Z-Que rotisserie
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Big Weber Gasser
          Cracker Smoker
          UDS

Comment

Originally posted by L20A View Post
            Careful with the thorns. They are loaded with thorns but the larger woody pieces are not so bad. I used to have some growing out back & used it for smoking some chicken & fish. Nice flavor.
            Yup. Had some growing at the previous casa... nasty thornage. Never smoked with the wood tho, never thought of it. Interesting...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I had an Old English Sheepdog that would stick his head into the vines and pick the berries off with his front teeth...I had so much fun watching him avoid the thorns that I let him harvest all he wanted
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X