Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First smoke on the Char-Griller a.k.a Brisket Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
    where in the hell does someone in south jersey get "southwestern" chipotle mustard?? never heard of it.......sounds good, but never heard if it!
    They sell it at our local Shoprite grocery store, sometimes they also have it at Acme. It's really good, they also have a habanero mustard and make horseradish sauce, wasabi sauce, cocktail, several soups like lobster bisque and even snapper soup but I've never had that.
    http://www.bookbindersfoods.com/Prod_MustSauces.html

There are a few things we have around here you wouldn't expect in South Jersey like banana leaves (use them for puerco pibil) and just yesterday I found out there is a little store on High Street that makes local bhut jolokia infused honey I've gotta give that a try!

Here's just a little sneak peak at the smoked ricotta, getting close...
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Looks Great!!!..... I have only made burnt ends 2 times..... 1) I thought was pretty good & the other.... I had to question if I knew WTF I was doing?...lol.... Yours look great though & great pictures

How do you like the new smoker so far?,........ Whats different, etc ?
      Last edited by Fishawn; 04-07-2010, 01:12 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

As I sit here with a SA Cherry Wheat.. thinking brilliant drink! I have this urge for burnt ends and that sliced briskey... looks very tasty from here!!! can you ship me some overnight? YUM!
        You know all smokers have their temperament, you just didn't give her time to acclamate... pet her a bit, whisper sweet nothings in her stack, and you will be one sooner than you know it! :)

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          How do you like the new smoker so far?,........ Whats different, etc ?
          Loving it!
          Took me a bit to get the tuning plates where I wanted them and after that I was holding a great steady and even temp on both sides.
          As far as comparing it with my others it holds heat a lot better than the sNp, went at least 2 hours before having to add more fuel, heated up a bit quicker too.
          Is smaller than the sNp but I can use almost every inch of the cooking grates which I couldn't do on the sNp without rotating food.
          Also the material is much heavier and tighter fitting than my sNp which I really like. Not to mention all the mods Phil added to it that makes it work so well
          Won't bother comparing it to the gas smoker since they are so different.

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
          As I sit here with a SA Cherry Wheat.. thinking brilliant drink! I have this urge for burnt ends and that sliced briskey... looks very tasty from here!!! can you ship me some overnight? YUM!
          You know all smokers have their temperament, you just didn't give her time to acclamate... pet her a bit, whisper sweet nothings in her stack, and you will be one sooner than you know it! :)

Shame I don't still live in CA, lived outside of Sacramento for a while a few years back, I would be more than happy to deliver some Q.
          I'm still getting to know the little lady, she is a great smoker and I'm beginning to understand her personality.
          Right now we are pretty good friends with smoky benefits but I'm hoping one day that that friendship will develop into something more. I can already tell she is going to treat me right.
          There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Hey, Fire One Up, Looks like you got a handle on the ol brisket thing. Wont take you long to get that CG to do just what you tell it. I use mine as a stick burner. Keeps things interesting trying to tend fire in such a small box.

for a fine job on the beef...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Dang Jim, you nailed it bud!! AWESOME!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Man....that sure does look good! Nice!....
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

The only thing I havn't tried yet on my char griller is a brisket, yours looks great.
                  Chargriller Pro w. sfb
                  Ducane 4100 propane grill
                  Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Originally posted by lynsey123 View Post
                    The only thing I havn't tried yet on my char griller is a brisket, yours looks great.
                    Herb, those things love to do brisket... ya' gotta try it!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks like it turned out perfect!!
                      Keith

Comment

Nice job on everything man........

Comment

Nice job! The burnt ends look fantastic!!!
                          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                          Weber Smokey Joe
                          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                          Pink Thermapen
                          Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                            Ok if you pour half a glass of Sam Adams, then very carefully, using a spoon to slow down the pour, pour the Guiness so it sits on top of the SA.....

Black and Tan!!

Briskie looks great!!
                            awesome.
                            try a black & tan w/ bass & co. pale ale & guiness or honeybrown & guinness or (only in texas)salado creek & guinness.
                            brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                            18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                            cast iron Hibachi
                            22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                            & rotisserator
                            12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                            stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                            Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                            http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                            my music recordings-
                            http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Working...
                            X