Reheating brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reheating brisket?

I'm throwing a birthday party for my wife, and I'm planning on smoking some briskets the day before. My question is what is the best way to reheat the brisket without it drying out?

GOSM
    K.C.B.S Member # 60786
    Digital Thermometers
    Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
    140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

I normally do a full packer and vacuum seal most of it and freeze it for later use. I always put some of the drippings in the bag and when I reheat it for eating I just throw the whole bag into boiling water and they always come out nice and juicy. In your case you are cooking and reheating the next day so vacuum sealing might not be the way to go (you could but it might be a waste of bags). I would slice up the meat and put it in a disposable pan with a foil lid and add some of the drippings (fat removed) and maybe some Johnny's Au Jus sauce if you need more liquid then just reheat at low heat the next day.
    I have also heard of other people using a steamer basket to reheat the meat but I have never tried that.
    Propane Smoke Shack
    UDS
    Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
    sigpic

Comment

If your the kind of guy that likes to finish the brisket in foil, I would not even unwrap them from their original foil wrap. They will have all the juices from the meat still in there. Stick them back in a 325-350 degree oven and reheat to 160 internal.
      Keith

Comment

Thanks guys

GOSM
        K.C.B.S Member # 60786
        Digital Thermometers
        Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
        140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D
          Guys correct me if I am wrong please?

But couldn't you keep the brisket in a reheat container full of auju sauce? And it would stay moist while heating?

"I am tjust thinking off the top of my head ok?"

Yea it will. That's basically what I do when I reheat it in a disposable pan.
          Propane Smoke Shack
          UDS
          Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
            If your the kind of guy that likes to finish the brisket in foil, I would not even unwrap them from their original foil wrap. They will have all the juices from the meat still in there. Stick them back in a 325-350 degree oven and reheat to 160 internal.
            Bingo!

Originally posted by Big D
            Guys correct me if I am wrong please?

But couldn't you keep the brisket in a reheat container full of auju sauce? And it would stay moist while heating?

"I am just thinking off the top of my head ok?"
            but it will taste like Auju sauce???

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post

I've got a graduation party that I'm cooking for on Friday, with the party starting mid day on Saturday...I would usually slice the brisket and have it ready to go in a roaster pan for a gentle reheat...I think I'm going to take the advice and straight into the fridge...reheat and slice before the gig. Great idea King.
              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

When serving brisket the next day, I'm a big fan of slicing it the day of the cook, put the slices in a disposable pan, and pour the juices from the meat over the slices, then cover with foil and fridgidate it. Next day, heat in the oven... freakin' awesome!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

And..if you have time..take a tip from the comp world... maybe go with some Fab B.

Here's one source. It's basically a phosphate... and I suspect MSG.

http://www.theingredientstore.com/ge...etails/888.htm
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I would NEVER give a brisket cooked with that chit to my friends, let alone strangers.

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
                      I would NEVER give a brisket cooked with that chit to my friends, let alone strangers.

Just sayin.
                      But...it's moist. ;{)

You turn them in at comps...right?

I find nothing offensive about them. It IS better to have a great natural brisket... but-

That brisky you judged at Eagle. The one you liked? Had Fab in it.
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                      X