Ah Nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah Nuts!

I dont usualy have the chance to post here very often, but I do want to contribute a simple smoked almond recipe. Im always smoking almonds and other snack foods and tend to do large misc smokes where I will combine many things at once.
    Peppers, veggies, plain paprika and some sugars to do some smoke infusion stuff.

Here it is:

2lbs raw almonds
    1/2 cup of homemade BBQ sauce
    1/4 cup honey
    2 tbsp canola oil
    1 tbsp unsalted butter softened
    1 tbsp (Franks) Red Hot cayenne sauce
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    2 tsp salt
    2 tsp ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp Granulated garlic powder
    1/2 tsp Onion powder
    pinch of ground rosemary

Smoker @ 225 deg
    2 hrs

In a medium sized mixing bowl place the marinade ingredients and mix well.
    I like to warm the marinade a bit in the microwave to get the sugars to dissolve a bit. Put nuts in bowl and mix by hand making sure to cover them well with the marinade.
    "I find that smoking these for 2 hrs makes a nice crunchy nut and heavy marinades dont leave the nuts sticky" Yea I know, here comes the joke-"nobody likes sticky nuts"
    For the wood, I started with whiskey soaked oak and mixed in apple and finished with apple wood.

Thought i might also share some pics from last nights dinner of a Mad Hunky brined smoked chicken n taters
    Smoked chicken

Smoked potato: twice baked style

BTW-Wife brought 1 lb of the almonds to work this morning, she said they were gone by 9am
    http://pioneersmokehouses.com

Double Sized Barn

Washington State Pioneer with a "Rebel Yell"

repipe looks good. sometimes i just soak mine in cheep hot sauce and smoke
    Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Originally posted by PreacherRodgers View Post
      repipe looks good. sometimes i just soak mine in cheep hot sauce and smoke
      thats how I got started, the flavors started gettin more complex and tastin real good. by the way I send these in care packages over to my step daughter at school in Pullman

Double Sized Barn

Comment

Love smoked almonds and this sounds pretty good. I got everything but Franks RH on hand. Would regular tobasco or Sriracha work do you think?
        sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Sounds really good, never have tried smoking any nuts. Been on the list for a while just never got around to it but you're making me wish I had.

Originally posted by mulepackin View Post
          Love smoked almonds and this sounds pretty good. I got everything but Franks RH on hand. Would regular tobasco or Sriracha work do you think?
          I think using sriracha would be a great idea!
          There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Very nice!~~~

Have done some nuts, usually mix them up a bit with 4-5 different kinds. Always been a hit. Gonna try yours so thanks for postin'!
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
              Sounds really good, never have tried smoking any nuts. Been on the list for a while just never got around to it but you're making me wish I had.

I think using sriracha would be a great idea!
              I have done it with Tapatio and Tabasco both, they work great!
              Did some with habanero sauce once for a friend that likes a burner and he thought they were awesome!
              Walnuts and pecans are always a huge hit too

Double Sized Barn

Comment

I copied this down for next time I make some too. I did the ones by Capt Dan? I think? They were the mixed nuts recipe. Everyone loved them. This recipe looks good too so I am going to give it a go. Thanks for posting it!
                I rub it every chance I get!

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Granted, all this is just in my head. Until I win the lotto, or my career as a stripper pays off, I'm forced to use the kitchen counter....

Comment

Working...
                X