• Smoking some Almonds

Thought I'd share my nuts with all of you

Recipe:

2 lbs raw almonds
    5 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
    3 tsp Onion Powder
    3 tsp Garlic Powder
    1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
    1 tsp Gray Salt (or your preferred salt)
    4 dashes of your favorite pepper sauce

Mix wet and dry ingredients till dissolved. Add nuts and toss to coat. Place on apparatus of your choice (I use perforated pans) sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.

Place in smoker and smoke for 2.5 hours at 225F. I used Hickory and Cherry. About 3 to 1 on the hickory. Probably 2 oz of wood or so.

Use of a perforated pan keeps me from having to stir them to get even coverage. Your mileage may vary

Ready to go!!!

In the Smokin-It #2 waiting for some hickory love.

Guess Ill have to post a follow up to see how they turned out.

Scott
    PadronMan
    There is nothing better than a great cigar and a full smoker.

Smokin-It #2

Nice nuts! I love smoked almonds. I been using powdered soy and a bit of onion and garlic. I hear they are good for you too. Not that I care
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Those almonds will be delicious, nice work!
      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

OMG my nuts are delicious!! A little spicy but not too much.....good flavor from the Worcestershire sauce and a whole lotta Hickory flavor. Great batch!

A great color on these.

Letting them cool before putting in a Mason Jar

This recipe is a keeper

Smokin-It #2

Comment

Nice Nuts!

Like that smoker too, as a former Cookshack owner, looks just like it

I use EVOO as a liquid/coating for the seasonings, but gotta try the Worstesheshfrickenshire next thyme
          sigpic

Comment

Nice nuts! Smoking nuts always tastes good, and there is so many ways to spice them up.

I gotta say. Years ago at work I bought a large can of peanuts and took it to work. Put a few bowls in the press room in the break area and control rooms for everyone. I put a sticky label on each bowl saying, "Have some of Dave's Salty Nuts". Went over well, haha.

Had a young kid, new pressman. I asked him if any of those nuts tasted like ass. He looked at me weird and said, "No, they didn't".

I replied back with, "Ohh just wondering, some of them fell down to my crack as I was salting them".

OMG, the look on his face was priceless, LOL, the blood drained, his face was pale for a second..... Then I smiled... "Gotcha!"

You wanna see funny, about balls, watch this classic from Sat Night Live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inl700-j_7M
            Last edited by Conumdrum; 01-22-2014, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
              Nice nuts! Smoking nuts always tastes good, and there is so many ways to spice them up.

I gotta say. Years ago at work I bought a large can of peanuts and took it to work. Put a few bowls in the press room in the break area and control rooms for everyone. I put a sticky label on each bowl saying, "Have some of Dave's Salty Nuts". Went over well, haha.

Had a young kid, new pressman. I asked him if any of those nuts tasted like ass. He looked at me weird and said, "No, they didn't".

I replied back with, "Ohh just wondering, some of them fell down to my crack as I was salting them".

OMG, the look on his face was priceless, LOL, the blood drained, his face was pale for a second..... Then I smiled... "Gotcha!"

You wanna see funny, about balls, watch this classic from Sat Night Live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inl700-j_7M
              Haha......great post and great memories of that video Today is Sweet and spicy Pecans. Going to use pecan wood and apple. I'll post pics when I get my butt moving!!

Scott

Smokin-It #2

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Nice Nuts!

Like that smoker too, as a former Cookshack owner, looks just like it

I use EVOO as a liquid/coating for the seasonings, but gotta try the Worstesheshfrickenshire next thyme
                This smoker is almost exactly like the Cookshack.......well the price is a bit different but I LOVE this smoker. I made the MasterBuilt mistake once.......and only once.

Try the Worchestnshye ummmmmmm the liquidy brown sauce that rocks next time!!!

Scott

Smokin-It #2

Comment

Working...
                X